Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By zeekaran
#168287 "Each available Pokémon has its own entry in the config file for Spawn of Psyduck."

Actually both configs are basically empty. Hard to do anything from scratch, we at least need a rough guide. Has anyone seen a config file that actually had Pokemon listed?

Also, if someone's already set one up, I'd love to borrow their file...

By Febilian
MoeBoy76 wrote:What version of SoP? Cos i recently fixed the config creation bug

You mentioned this last week or so in another thread, but I've booted up Windows several times since then just to check the Pixelmon Launcher for an update, and there wasn't one. Same for the downloads page.

Is it possible that the update didn't actually make it to the launcher or the downloads page at all?
By MoeBoy76
Febilian wrote:
MoeBoy76 wrote:What version of SoP? Cos i recently fixed the config creation bug

You mentioned this last week or so in another thread, but I've booted up Windows several times since then just to check the Pixelmon Launcher for an update, and there wasn't one. Same for the downloads page.

Is it possible that the update didn't actually make it to the launcher or the downloads page at all?

yeah, Isi is saving it (and all the side-mod updates to 1.8.9) for the release of 4.2.0

so to get the config to load (assuming you are using 2.0.3, which is the version on the launcher) you need to do /sop reload
NOTE: it won't actually reload any changes made to Pixelmon
By Febilian
#168314 Ahh, gotcha. I was under the impression there'd be one last 1.8 release that fixed that stuff, but I suppose it's gonna be irrelevant once Pixelmon moves to 1.8.9 anyways, since modding has already shifted its focus towards that version.

It's good to know how to get the config to load at least, but I think until it's possible to have the sidemod automatically detect external mods' biome types like I believe would be a feature in 1.8.9 versions(from what you've said), I'm just gonna stick to having a vanilla-style world. ;P Hopefully knowing that /sop reload thing will help people who still want to configure it on 1.8 though.
By MoeBoy76
Febilian wrote:Ahh, gotcha. I was under the impression there'd be one last 1.8 release that fixed that stuff, but I suppose it's gonna be irrelevant once Pixelmon moves to 1.8.9 anyways, since modding has already shifted its focus towards that version.

It's good to know how to get the config to load at least, but I think until it's possible to have the sidemod automatically detect external mods' biome types like I believe would be a feature in 1.8.9 versions(from what you've said), I'm just gonna stick to having a vanilla-style world. ;P Hopefully knowing that /sop reload thing will help people who still want to configure it on 1.8 though.

Whoops, i've been misinterpreted again, SoP 2.0.4 for MC 1.8 is up there ready as well as the 1.8.9 versions of nearly every side-mod (including SoP 2.1.0, which is 2.0.4 rebuilt against 1.8.9).

By default the biome specific config (ie the current one) allows you to use any biomes you want (including modded ones) and they are all listed at the top of the config but BoP is the only one that has mappings. In future i may change the mapping from ids to names so that it's slightly more readable but i won't be updating the auto-mapping list myself if i do (that will take too long and repetitive tasks hurt my brain)
By zeekaran
#168343 MC 1.8
Pix 4.1.4
SoP 2.0.3

"/sop reload" fixed the files, but they still aren't spawning in BoP biomes. I did "/sop check glaceon" and it only lists the six standard biomes it can spawn in; it isn't showing Alps, Arctic, or Dense Forest.

Also, is there a way to add where bird shrines spawn? Say, getting Articuno shrines to show up in Alps. I'm just afraid that it'll be significantly harder to find the shrines with so many new biomes.
By MoeBoy76
zeekaran wrote:MC 1.8
Pix 4.1.4
SoP 2.0.3

"/sop reload" fixed the files, but they still aren't spawning in BoP biomes. I did "/sop check glaceon" and it only lists the six standard biomes it can spawn in; it isn't showing Alps, Arctic, or Dense Forest.

Also, is there a way to add where bird shrines spawn? Say, getting Articuno shrines to show up in Alps. I'm just afraid that it'll be significantly harder to find the shrines with so many new biomes.

It won't load BoP biomes if you don't have BoP loaded and you can always manually add biomes, that's why there's a config.

To change what biomes shrine spawn in (and any other structure) you need to set useExternalStructureFiles=true in the pixelmon.hocon file and then open /pixelmon/structures/structures.json and simply add the name of the biome to the list provided there for iceshrine
By zeekaran
#168352 The biomes are loading, that's not the issue. Pixelmon are spawning in the vanilla biomes but none of the BoP biomes. Check command doesn't list any BoP biomes. The config is unmodified and says they should be spawning in BoP biomes.
By MoeBoy76
zeekaran wrote:The biomes are loading, that's not the issue. Pixelmon are spawning in the vanilla biomes but none of the BoP biomes. Check command doesn't list any BoP biomes. The config is unmodified and says they should be spawning in BoP biomes.

double check that biomes exist for the numbers listed, i believe that BoP has reorganised biomes since the patcher file was made, which was the reason people were having issues with /sop check
JOIN THE TEAM