Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By nyv
#167764 I would like to clarify how Legendaries are currently set to spawn.

The current Pixelmon config is set as follows:

# Chance that a Legendary spawn attempt will succeed (0-1).
legendarySpawnChance=0.30000001192092896
# Average number of ticks before an attempt at Legendary spawning will be made (modified by spawn chance).
legendarySpawnTicks=3000

So, does this mean that once every 3000 ticks, it will try to spawn a legendary, and the chance it will succeed in spawning is 0.30000001192092896% ???

If this is true, then:
3000 ticks (20 ticks per second) = 150 seconds.
0.3 % = 1 in every 333 attempts (roughly).
Therefore, by chance you should get a Legendary spawn once every 49950 seconds / 832.5 minutes / 13.875 hours ????????

If so, Legendaries are not dependent on amount of normal spawns, but are entirely dependent on time? So I could set my max spawns to zero for land, air, underground and water, and the Legendary spawn mechanics would not be affected at all?

By nyv
#167952 Still chasing a response.

I suppose only the developers could answer the question accurately, so bumping in the hope that one of them read this..

Thanks
By nyv
#168601 Thank you.

Based on that description, the following applies:

Tries to spawn a legendary once every 2mins 30secs.

From the start of a minecraft day until the end is 10 minutes (excluding dawn, dusk and night).

10/2.5 = 4 attempts per minecraft day

Chance of legendary spawning is 30% when the attempt is made.

So, if a player sits in the jungle hills biome from dawn until dusk, there is actually a higher chance of Mew spawning than there is of Mew not spawning. And they don't even need to move around to make pokemon de-spawn and re-spawn, because now legendary spawn mechanics are separate from regular spawns.

Thanks for helping me clarify this Jamie.
JOIN THE TEAM