Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By OmniPokemon
#167312 Okay, so I'm definitely tip toeing here because I know that remodels or new Pixelmon is surely a touchy subject. But I'm curious as to what the process is, because; when I newly downloaded the 1.8 version, after being stuck on 1.7 for what feels like an eternity, I was honestly surprised that MANY of the new Pixelmon/new models that I saw posted to the forums, and approved, have yet to be added. Now I'm not trying to be mad or forceful here, I really can't complain-but it had me wondering, when a model is submitted a year or more ago-why has it not been added into the core mod yet? Is there a lengthy process or something? I mustn't have the full picture here, because from where I'm sitting it doesn't make much sense.

So here I tentatively ask; what is the general process for getting new models into the Pixelmon Mod? What is it that takes so long (when the model and animations are finished)?
(Thanks in advance for any answers, I really am just curious as to how it all works, sorry D: )

By Some Body
#167313 Animation is the bottleneck. There are very few people on the team who can animate and they have lives (and this is a volunteer project to begin with so there are no set schedules or deadlines).
JOIN THE TEAM