Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Marriland
#165073 Hi, first I want to say that I enjoy Pixelmon, it's a lot of fun and it's great that it's been constantly updated throughout the years. I've seen a lot of great improvements, so don't confuse this with a complaint towards all of Pixelmon or anything of the like.

Anyway, I have been having quite a few issues with my Pixelmon server ever since the update to 4.1.0. I have posted in the bug tracker, but I've been having to restart my server several times per day. It's gotten incredibly frustrating and I can't really wait for an update that might not even fix it (4.1.1 has gotten two players stuck to the point where even logging into the server crashes the entire server). I understand that the development team is busy and that it takes time to test and tweak stuff, but I also know that Pixelmon typically keeps old downloads up on their downloads page.

I actually had done about a week's worth of testing using Pixelmon 4.0.8, and it worked flawlessly; one of the most stable versions of Pixelmon I'd ever used. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the download link for Pixelmon 4.0.8 was removed from the downloads page. There's 4.0.7, 4.1.0, and 4.1.1. No 4.0.8.

I can't go back to 4.0.7, because it still has a very nasty bug when it comes to planting Apricorn next to each other where they all break. 4.0.8 thankfully fixed that, but since there's no working link on the Downloads page, even though I have 4.0.8 available, I cannot link any of my players to the 4.0.8 download because it's not available on the page.

I guess part of the reason I wanted to post this as a thread rather than a bug report is because I was curious if anyone else has had a similar experience upgrading from 4.0.8 (it was a world reset, btw) to 4.1.x, and whether or not there's enough interest in the community to put a link back. If there's some other reason 4.0.8 was removed, I would be glad to hear it, but that's a version that was available for at least a few weeks, so I don't understand why it was removed without notice and not kept up for archival purposes if it worked so well (and because 4.1.0 launched as a beta).

So have you had issues since the newer version? Or has it worked smoothly for you? I'm personally at a loss, but hopefully you've had better experiences than I. Thanks for hearing me out.

By MoeBoy76
#165140 the players crashing the server simply need their sleeping info reset, i just did this by downloading a player's UUID.dat file, opening it with NBTExplorer and deleting the 2 sleeping keys then reuploading it to the server.

Not sure if it's a Sponge bug or not but it might be
By Marriland
MoeBoy76 wrote:the players crashing the server simply need their sleeping info reset, i just did this by downloading a player's UUID.dat file, opening it with NBTExplorer and deleting the 2 sleeping keys then reuploading it to the server.

Not sure if it's a Sponge bug or not but it might be

I don't use Sponge on this server, so it's not that. The crash logs seemed to indicate it was an issue with spawning villages / marts (though even after disabling those in the configs, it's still causing issues). I'll try replace those keys, though, to see if that fixes things. Thanks for the input!

(Would still really love to have a usable link to 4.0.8 since Pixelmon can't directly be included in modpacks...)
By MoeBoy76
Marriland wrote:The crash logs seemed to indicate it was an issue with spawning villages / marts (though even after disabling those in the configs, it's still causing issues). I'll try replace those keys, though, to see if that fixes things.

if you gist or pastebin the crash/log then people will be able to be more help
By Some Body
#165162 Chances are the crash has been fixed in the next version. If you've not already posted in the bug tracker, the log would still help make sure of this.

Anyway, I've spoken to the site admin, who has stated that 4.0.8 will be reinstated on the downloads page soon.
By Marriland
#165200 Right, apologies for not posting a log. It's only been reported by my players and I haven't personally tested it, which I feel obligated to do (both with and without mods enabled) before issuing a report to make sure it's repeatable. I've also issued a few reports already based on my own experiences.

But regardless, if the link to 4.0.8 is indeed coming back, that'd be great, since that seemed to produce no issues and I'd rather just have something stable for the time being until some of the bugs get fixed. I'll still test 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 either on a separate server or in a single player world.
JOIN THE TEAM