Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Pokenerd8
#164460 To keep this simple, you do know they are trying to go more towards the MMO aspect? they are adding everything in, and alot of this stuff they are adding you can turn off in the config or not use it at all.

By MoeBoy76
#164462 1) Pixelmon Extras (or PixelExtras) is a commands side-mod, the mod you are referring to that was mostly merged into Pixelmon was PixelUtilities, and yes, it had lots of decoration stuff to spice up adventure maps/servers
2) TCG is going to be a side-mod, so if you don't want to play it then don't, simple as that
3) you aren't playing Minecraft, you are playing Pokemon in Minecraft, Pokemon games have PokeCenters and PokeMarts, if you don't want them then there's a handy little config option to prevent them from spawning
4) 1.8 made a bunch of optimisations, however, it now requires more RAM to run, which means that if you want to play Pixelmon on a 32-bit OS then you are limited to only Pixelmon since the maximum RAM you can allocate is 1GB and that's the minimum it takes to run Pixelmon without horrible lag.
5) all of those terribly made models that weren't done by a modeller are going to be replaced but i don't have anyone to texture the models i have waiting to replace them
By Pokenerd8
#164471 so what do you want them to do? just drop everything and delete all the stuff not related to minecraft (which would be everything) i get you want a balance between the 2, but alot of people want this, not to mention people like me want the mart and the extra furnishing, i wanted to be able to recreate my own region, the mod is not just for survival. i want to be able to have everything from the games and play in in an adventure map :/
By imaapseudonym
#164474 Yea, you are one of maybe a few tbh. Pixelmon is taking care of adventure servers, survival servers and everything in between. This also includes adding additional, fun features to do that doesn't involve mining.

The config is there for you to customize your personal Pixelmon experience.

I am completely unsure why this is an issue. The groundwork for Pixelmon is pretty solid. Feature wise, since they have added in currency finally, overall the feature set of the mod is near complete.

The only remaining thing is for Pokemon to be worked on and moves/ battle functions.

Isi (from my understanding) and MrM doesn't work on those although MrM sometimes seems to dabble in about everything.

They are waiting for textures and animations (mostly animations from my understanding although Moe mentioned textures here.. So.. Idk.. Both I guess)

Anywho. Be patient in getting the stuff you want worked on and this is staffs creative project. As players, we have no say in what they do. Your rant should mean nothing to them. It is nice when they ask for suggestions or what looks better but they don't have to. It's their creation for their enjoyment and they offer it to us so that they can share that enjoyment with others.

Appreciate their work. Be respectful and patient.
By MoeBoy76
imaapseudonym wrote:They are waiting for textures and animations (mostly animations from my understanding although Moe mentioned textures here.. So.. Idk.. Both I guess)

i was specifically talking about some of the ugly models that are in the PixelUtilities section of the mod (ie umbrellas, trashcan, etc), ~300 Pokemon models are textured and waiting to be animated though
imaapseudonym wrote:Anywho. Be patient in getting the stuff you want worked on and this is staffs creative project. As players, we have no say in what they do. Your rant should mean nothing to them. It is nice when they ask for suggestions or what looks better but they don't have to. It's their creation for their enjoyment and they offer it to us so that they can share that enjoyment with others..

that's not entirely true, since PixelUtilities was originally made by members of the community (myself included) and i generally discuss useful suggestions and sometimes add or tweak things due to them
By Hiroku
#164483 I feel like giving my 2 cents on this conversation. Although considering how long this post is it's probably more like $5.

I was around what would've been roughly 3 years ago when this kind of conversation started, and then it was because of the quality of models increasing past the simple little block-y models. People, myself included, said that the rounder models didn't fit in with Minecraft. Mind you, this was just higher quality Techne models, not the super-smooth SMD's we use now. Regardless, it was the same general thing; it's Pokemon in Minecraft, so things should be like Minecraft, etc.

But what always needs to be kept in mind is that we're far more than just Pokemon in Minecraft. We've created an experience that's unique, not a simple amalgamation of two games. If we were to just add Pokemon to Minecraft, we'd suffer from the issue with Pokemon games, which is that it gets very boring and repetitive. If we were to focus on the Minecraft portion, people would have to create everything, we'd need hundreds of recipes or add heaps of things to boss drops which would gradually make less and less sense. We're trying to maintain a balance, to make something that is our own. Pokemarts give one option, making the pokeballs is another. Can trade with NPC's, or can trade with players. Can make your own healers, or you can visit a Pokecentre. Or, lastly, you can use extraneous features, or you can not.

The main drive, I believe, behind merging Utilities into Pixelmon is to let servers use those decorative items and armour and all the rest without forcing their users to download the sidemod (since it was a universal sidemod, not server-side only) which gives servers more power in that regard. Eventually Pixelmon will have no more features to add, at which time it'll be down to servers to create new and exciting things for players, and so we need to give them tools to achieve that. Like the furniture, like easier sidemod installation, and some other stuff I'm working on.

Lastly, with the lag issue, it really is a painful problem. We can't simply not add more stuff, but we want it to be as quick as possible on low-end machines. There have been optimisations, but frankly I don't know what we're going to do with the HD models causing framerate issues. Very difficult problem, not any easy call.
By imaapseudonym
#164484 Good stuff Hiroku.

And yea Moe. I was more talking about the core pixelmon experience. I guess we were cross.. something. idk. Either way, I think we are just agreeing..... I think.
By Ghostofatitan
#164486 Considering the Pixelmon team has made practically everything optional then let them make what they want, as long as it doesn't intrude on others fun they aren't harming anything.

They even have helped me with stuff like that, adding stuff they didn't think of before for optional help, there has been only one complaint I've ever had with the mod which was the force to keep your current Pokemon after you defeat a enemy Pokemon but even then not a big issue, this will be no different.
JOIN THE TEAM