Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By ShenDraeg
#162300 I have been trying for a fair bit of time to get Pixelmon to spawn in user-created dimensions created with Mystcraft. The last time that I put any real effort into it, I was told that, by design, Pixelmon would not spawn in any dimension other than the Overworld. When I started to look into it again (in version 3.4), I found the config option spawnDimension, and I was wondering if this is what I need to use, and if so, how? I have tried changing the value of that option (with server restarts after every update), and there appears to be no change in spawn behavior, even when I remove the Overworld value of 0 from the setting. Any help would be appreciated.

By MoeBoy76
#162302 apart from adding the dimension ID (eg -1 for the nether) to the dimension list you also need to set Pixelmon to spawn in the biomes that exist in that dimension either by using a custom database or by using Spawn of Psyduck
By ShenDraeg
#162312 Do the dimension IDs need to be integers? And how does that list get formatted? Is it comma-separated, or otherwise?
When an Age is created in Mystcraft, it creates folders in the following format: DIM_MYST#
I have tried a comma-separated list for two of the Ages that I have created (DIM_MYST2 and DIM_MYST3) both with the full folder names (like I used to have to do with Dynmap), and I tried with just the integer part. If these are not the actually dimension IDs, where do I find them? Is it possible to enable spawning in *all* dimensions without the need to specify each one individually, so that a server restart isn't necessary every time someone creates a new Age?

As for the spawning, I'm not using any biomes other than what's part of the core game. Is that sufficient, or do I still need to have something like SoP explicitly define what spawns where?

Thanks for your help :-)
By ShenDraeg
#162323 Ok, I've got it working. For anyone else running Mystcraft and having trouble, here are the answers:

spawnDimension is integer only in a non-comma-separated list, like so:

# This lets you choose which dimensions the pixelmon spawner will operate in
I:"Dimensions Pokemon will spawn in" <
>

The Age Dimension IDs are just the numeric part of the folder names, which can be confirmed with the tpx command. Spawn of Psyduck may not be necessary, but I installed it anyway, and made no changes to the database.

I hope this helps anyone else that got stuck, and thanks again MoeBoy76 for your response.
JOIN THE TEAM