Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By MrMasochism
#158366 Until people make the stand of updating anyway there won't be any pressure to create plugins or get sponge bug-free. It's a price you pay but it is worth it especially to get away from the huge legal mess that is bukkit

By Pixelhouse
#158634 I think pixelmon made his stand a tad to soon imo. There's hardly any feedback or replies on your latest updates since 90% of the people here are server owners and we can't update due to the previously mentioned problems.
Sponge barely just came out when you guys decided to jump the bandwagon.
By MoeBoy76
Pixelhouse wrote:I think pixelmon made his stand a tad to soon imo. There's hardly any feedback or replies on your latest updates since 90% of the people here are server owners and we can't update due to the previously mentioned problems.
Sponge barely just came out when you guys decided to jump the bandwagon.

yes, we jumped on the Sponge "bandwagon" back in October/November long before we even updated to 1.8, sarcasm aside we are pushing ahead using our side-mod testing servers, i have set them both up using 4.0.6 and the latest Sponge
By nickshaul97
#158647 Personally as being a server owner of a 1.7.10 server most of my custom plugins fail to work on 1.8 sponge due to the api is different. Until a solution that allows plugins from bukkit to be used on sponge I will not be updating. The money it takes to get a private sponge dev is outrageous at the current time. More money than most servers have to spare to invest into custom content.
By MrMasochism
#158674 Good decision or not the decision has been made and won't be reverted. We're sure this will be for the best long term. Sponge will be release ready soon and devs will get working on plugins for it at that point
By Jephon
#158681 I think most server owners are just fearful. Resources are out there. There is land claiming currently in existence to temporarily fill the gap. Worldedit is working on my 1.8 server that I am developing with my team.

We have permissions, we have a chat plugin, we have /spawn, /home etc..

we have the basics for a workable server so we are pushing ahead though the bugs and issues.

Sponge has said to be released by Christmas.

Then again, they said they will have a workable release by 1.8 iirc. We are almost to 1.9.

Its getting time to either push ahead as server owners, research your stuff, get out there or.. fall to the wayside.

I guess we will see who comes out doing well soon! I do know that players playing on all the servers I am connected to has decreased dramatically and this isn't Pixelmon's fault. Its partially lies on the shoulders of server owners and dev team for not getting creative in how they deal with this issue.
By JamieS1211
#158710 Once an initial charge is braved unto the new land and decidedly descried and shown as to be non hazardous the peoples will follow in their masses
By Ghostofatitan
#158711 Biggest issue I've seen besides the plugins is mods are in no hurry to update really, i have a big list of mods i am watching for 1.8 updates(around 100 mods) and only 1/3 of that list have updated and about 1/4 of the 1/3 are dev builds and are not stable to use. So i can't update at all due to my private server freaks out when it tries remove blocks in world when mods are removed
By nickshaul97
#158722 Another big thing is players that currently have weaker computers that lag with pixelmon 1.7.10 will encounter issues with 1.8 pixelmon. As a server owner I get quite annoyed by people complaining about lag and blaming it on the server. I know from my graphs and stats that I don't have any tps issues or lag problems and yet people blame us. So players that do not have solid gaming systems that do not lag will be angry with even more lag with 1.8 pixelmon. This is not something server owners or pixelmon can solve. It all comes down to the end user not having the proper requirements to play.
By Vpixels
#158738 As a server owner as well, the biggest issue we ran into when we launched with 1.8 is that between Minecraft AND Pixelmon after 4.0.3, it requires you to have at least 2-3 GB dedicated to the game and a lot of our players in 1.7.10 only had maybe 2-4 total in their computer, and the ones that had more but couldn't set it in technic (since we use a technic for the lazy) because they were 32bit and I guess there's something that doesn't let you do it in that version. Another huge issue was how often the server was crashing between the netty (which we fixed), pixelmon spawning entities in general (which is sort've fixed thanks to a fellow server owner making a custom code to delegate over entities) and pixelmon deleting/duping themselves over other pixelmon in players parties, along with the occasional pc/party corruption. A lot of clientside stuff has gone on when spamclicking in battles, spam sending out your pokemon to fight another and something I can't remember offhand. All in all though, the above problems are what killed 80% of our server's playerbase, since last time I checked we had about 190 or so unique UUIDs connect. I'd blame it on griefing/lack of shops but we have a blocklogger, chestlocker AND albeit crappy, but NPC shops.

I'm hoping once sponge is finally ready things will be smoother but 1.8 pixelmon itself has a long way to go before it's anything like 1.7.10. Honestly if it weren't for Tyranitar/Gardevoir we'd probably revert. I do miss my conveyor belts from old pixelutil.

Sorry on the rant/ramble, just woke up and have seen 1 too many of these types of threads.
JOIN THE TEAM