Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By yoru-san
#157914 Sorry if this was already asked but i did not find an answer when searching the forums.

Like the title says i'd like to stop pixelmon spawning in an area, for example in a city or similar.
Is this possible without having to edit biomes or using plugins like worldguard? Or is there even a way to do it?

By ATEMVEGETA
#158081 I don't know if it helps you but if you cover an area with glass then no Pokemon spawn on it. I tested many materials and I noticed that only glass prevents Pokemon from spawning.

Also, note that Pokemon always spawn on the top of the higher block. So if you build a layer above than the area you want the pokemon not to spawn in (like a platform covering up the whole area), then all the Pokemon will spawn on that layer and not on the area below it. Make sure itt is a layer of a transparent block (like dirt, stone, etc). By the way, using that will prevent the sun from lighen up the area though, so that area will always be in shadows. If you cover that platform with glass on the top no Pokemon will spawn on there either.
By JamieS1211
#158709 You have a few options.

1 Use spawn of psyduck (sidemod) or edit the server side database so that no pokemon spawn in the biome of your area. The con here is that this biome will spawn nothing globally for example if you building is in "Beach" no "Beach" will spawn pokemon not just that specific "Beach" biome.

2 Set biome of area you are building to sky or hell provided you have not added spawns to those biomes. Con here is your sky will look a weird colour.

3 Use a bukkit, forge or sponge API adition to prevent spawns in an area. The most common is WorldGuard for bukkit. On some build match up it will be able to block pokemon spawns. Con this isn't reliable as its not the direct intention in world guard's case. You may be able to find or make something specific with sponge or forge API.

4 disable all wild pokemon spawns via pixelmon config file then manually place spawners to spawn pokemon in areas you want. Con here is everywhere you want pokemon you need to place spawners and is almost impossible for open world servers.
By dyinghere
#158912 This probably won't help in your situation, but hopefully it's worth keeping in mind!

A friend of mine was going to open a multiverse server. There'd be a hub with warps to four different worldtypes. One was a survival world, where everything was free-roam and free-spawn aside from a small building at spawn. Then there was the adventure place with towns and gyms, where pixelmon spawning was disabled entirely aside from some specifically placed spawners. Then there was a minigame world and a fourth that I think never got finished to my knowledge, but those two are kind of irrelevant.

Unfortunately it might mean a total overhaul depending on how new or developed your server is. I suggest leaving it as free roam, then move any towns and stuff to a new world.
By EconBrony
#159201 spawn of psyduck is amazing for customizing spawning for pokemon. In addition to that I use the Slash mod to designated specific areas within biomes to have no spawns in them. Slash gives you a lot of control over things like that.
JOIN THE TEAM