Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By ATEMVEGETA
#159566 Hi again!

So Pixelmon 4.0.7 is out with awsome additions, but still the legendary spawn problem is there.

I believe it is a major issue and it should be fixed sometime in the upcomming updates.

MrMasochism, I'm still waiting for your opinion to that!

Thanks!

By ATEMVEGETA
#164745 Hi everyone! So many new versions have been released since the 4.0.7, new awesome model for Rayquaza has been added, but its spawn rate hasn't been fixed yet. So Rayquaza and the other Air Persistent legendary Pokemon are still impossible to be obtained as the problem mentioned in this thread still exists. Come on Pixelmon modders, please do something about this problem! :cry:
By AcedDunsparce
#164955 Although your argument is invalid, lemme give my opinion on this. Legendaries, are well... legendary. They are rare for a reason. I just went through the Pixelmon mod config for 4.1.1, and some source code for the mod itself, and nothing points towards these actually being tied to the air, land, underground spawn rate. I understand your reasoning, a simple mistake, but these Pokemon and supposed to be rare. Their base stats are those to or higher then "Pseudo Legendaries", which is the reason for their rarity, along with their plot in the Pokemon games, but that's besides the point.

Anyways, hope I helped, Skeley
By ATEMVEGETA
#165000 The problem isn't the legendaries being rare to spawn (1/22000 chances). It is mostly the Air Persistant legendary Pokemon and yes they are kinda affected by the "Number of Air/Water/Land Pokemon at a time" restriction. For example, if there are already 2 Air Peristant normal Pokemon in the world, and the legendary clock ticks "legendary spawn time", then it can't spawn an Air Persistant legendary Pokemon (since the 2 Air Persistant Pokemon limit is met), and it will spawn a Land (or Water) legendary Pokemon instead, since the limit of Land Pokemon is 40 (20 for Water Pokemon), thus muuuuuch higher than 2.

You can see that for yourself by setting the legendary spawn rate value from "22000" to a very low number (so legendaries will spawn very often) and go to an Deep Ocean biome with some Beach biomes around. Set the time to "nighttime" and you will soon notice the higher amount of Suicune spawns in compare with Kyogre spawns. A ratio of 1 Kyogre for every 2-3 Suicunes. That's because the number of land Pokemon allower per time is 40 when the number of Water Pokemon is 20.

Also if you want to see this issue more clearly with a much higher divergence, go find a Sunflower Plains biome that has a Savanna biome adjacent to it. Set the legendary limit from "22000" to "1" and the time to "dawn". Watch the enourmous amount of Raikou spawns in compare to the 1-2 Rayquaza spawns in total. And when one of those Rayquazas despawn THEN it may spawn a new one, or it can spawn a Fearow instead in its place.

Imagine this humongous divergence with the "22000" spawn rate limit. Air Persistant lagendaries Pokemon are near to impossible to spawn that way. :/

You can also see that the legendaries are connected with the other Pokemon category values by setting those values to 0. So if you set the Land Pokemon value to 0 (so you wont have land Pokemon spawns in your game), you will notice that no land legendary Pokemon will spawn either.
JOIN THE TEAM