Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By ATEMVEGETA
#156956 Hi everyone! I play in my Pixelmon Single Player server for a while now and I noticed that the save file becomes bigger and bigger everyday. Now it 2.1 GB and increasing. Also, since it has become that big in size, I get more and more lag in game. Is there anything I can do to stop this? Before I was running the game with -Xmx3G and I could play smoothly but now it needs at least -Xmx5G to run properly.

Any ideas? Is there any way to decrease the save file's size?

By ATEMVEGETA
#156957 I also heard about something called Optifine but I have no idea what is it exactly. Can someone explain to me what Optifine does and if it can help with this problem?

Thanks!
By MoeBoy76
#156962 To decrease your world size you can delete chunks, which means that if you enter that chunk again it will be generated again from the seed, make sure you do it with chunks that you don't have anything in

Optifine allows users to lower graphical settings a lot more than vanilla and also adds some options for more efficient processing
JOIN THE TEAM