Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By DarthUtopia
#156413 I've been looking at the wiki page on breeding environments.
http://pixelmonmod.com/wiki/index.php?t ... nvironment
I wanted to breed a Ditto with a male Bulbasaur to produce female Bulbasaur eggs, in a 9x9 ranch block area.
I decided on these blocks:
1 Ranch Block (obviously)
29 Fences
12 Grass Blocks
39 Hay Bales

I believe that the Fences give Normal-type Pokemon like Ditto +2 suitability and the Grass Blocks give Ditto +1, so it has precisely 70 suitability, and is in stage 2 breeding. This fits; when I right clicked it, it said it was more attracted to Bulbasaur every day.

However, according to the wiki, Grass Pokemon get +3 from Hay Bales and +1 from Grass Blocks and Poison Pokemon get +1 from Grass Blocks too, so Grass Pokemon would have 129 suitability and Poison Pokemon would have 12 suitability. The average of these is 70.5, so Bulbasaur should be in the same stage. However, when the blocks were in place, Bulbasaur still said the stage 1 breeding message that it liked Ditto a tiny bit more every day. I added the last few Hay Bales as they bred, so maybe the message just didn't update; otherwise, the sections on Grass and Poison are wrong on the wiki. Could someone clarify for me please?

EDIT: I'm not sure, but I think this could be because Poison Pokemon don't get +1 from Grass Blocks like it says on the wiki, this would explain why they aren't breeding as quickly and the stage is wrong. Can anyone confirm this (perhaps if they have their own breeding station set up)? This would mean, according to my calculations, that it is impossible to achieve both Pokemon at stage 2 breeding even if I resort to making loads of cakes. Which is annoying. xD

EDIT:
FACEPALM :oops: I can't believe it, didn't read the part on dual-types closely enough. Ignore me completely.

By Some Body
#156418 Notice that "average" refers to the breeding strength, not the suitability directly. 129 produces a strength of 1.5 while 12 produces a strength of 0. It is these strength values that are averaged, which in this case would be (1.5 + 0)/2 = .75, rounded down to .5 and giving stage 1.
By DarthUtopia
#156421 Ah. Re-reading the wiki page, I'll admit that I was a bit of an idiot not to notice that sooner , and I think I skimmed over the first paragraph or two much too quickly. Thanks for correcting me, Some Body!
By KingFlame183
#156494 In 1.8 I tried breeding a ditto with a ditto with fences but they ranch block ignores the fences and just uses the block underneath, like the same way it does with lily pads
By Some Body
#156497 Gonna need more information; I explicitly fixed this in 4.0.2. I also tested with fences just now and they're working.
JOIN THE TEAM