Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By ATEMVEGETA
#156271 Hello everyone!

Yesterday I got my first Legendary (Groudon), and I noticed the message that Pixelmon says when a legendary is spawned.

"[Pixelmon] A legendary has spawned in a DesertHills biome!"

I was wondering whether legendaries spawn normally like the other normal Pokemon in the appropriate biome (just with much lower spawn rate), or if Pixelmon owners enables their spawning manually during specific timings for every Pixelmon player at the same time. I thought of that because of the "[Pixelmon]" note in frond of the message.

I saw in the Wiki that Gift Box item is dropped by Delibird between December 20 and December 31. If I'm not mistaken this event is enabled by Pixelmon owners during this period since Minecraft itself can't check real clock time in order to enable the event with scripts. So even if you change the date of your PC it wouldn't enable the event in Pixelmon. (Correct me if I'm wrong on that one, I am not very sure if what I'm saying is correct ^^). I was wondering if legendary spawning have similar activation mechanics.

Thanks!

By JamieS1211
#156274 In the database (this can be changed) the legendarys have a rarity value of -1. This enables the legendary spawn system. The legendary spawn system checks the pixelmon config for rarity and if an option in the config is chosen to enable the chat feature that text will be displayed when a legendary spawns via the legendary spawn system. If legendarys spawn via pixelmon spawners the text isn't displayed. You can change the rarity values in the data base to a null (dosn't spawn) or a integer greater then 0 to change how often it spawns and not use the legendary spawn system or change other pokemon to -1 so they use the legendary spawn system.
By MoeBoy76
#156275 And to answer the other part of your question, yes Minecraft can check the current time based on the time set on the machine it is running on as this is a Java function and can therefore be done sine Minecraft is written in Java (if it were written in C++ or C# it would still be able to check) the only limitation is that on a server the time may be in a different region to you and therefore the exact time would be different (hence the use of multiple days)
Also, chests are themed at Xmas time, works the same way
By ATEMVEGETA
#156279 So, if I understood this correctly, legendaries spawn randomly by using their own spawn system (different from normal Pokemon spawning system)?

So, legendaries' spawning system and Delibird's event are part of the mod? So, they are not enabled by Pixelmon's owners manually right?

And if I change the time of my PC to December 25 for example, will it automatically activate the event in my server?
By Some Body
#156296 Besides the bird trio and Mewtwo, Legendaries spawn in the same manner as other Pokémon, although they have a fixed rarity that's not relative to the rarities of other Pokémon in the biome.

Legendaries and gift boxes are part of the mod. No further actions have to be taken to enable them.
JOIN THE TEAM