Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Ren
#153691 Current configuration:
flying: 2
Land: 60
Underground: 10
Water: 25

I've tried regenerating the default config values, changing them as shown above, and re-downloading the mod its self. Trainers are set 100/200 and spawning perfectly, likewise with water Pokemon.. the only problem I am encountering are VERY low land and underground spawn rates (Land obviously being my main concern). Pokemon in general seem to just stick around one person on the server and then are scarce around the rest of the world.

When I say scarce, I mean probably like 1-2 Pokemon within viewing distance..Run a couple 100 blocks and you see maybe 2-3 more land Pokemon.
Standing AFK? Pokemon just never show up.

I've tried adding and removing plugins/mods that were added since the rates suddenly decreased drastically.. I have also gone to the extent of trying out multiple cauldron builds ranging from 1231.01.206 up to 1388.1.0. Nothing seems to improve their spawning rates.

Upon using a command that specifically kills Pixelmon and no other mobs/npc, roughly 300-1000 Pokemon are butchered (depending on how many players are online at the time). So the Pokemon do in fact seem to be around, just not spawning correctly around players.

Thank you for your time in reading this and anyone willing to reply is appreciated. :-)

By Isi
#153697 Hi.

Check into how many chunks you have loaded at the time, the known way of that being an issue is when you have a high loaded chunks to players ratio. As for an improvement, just try drastically changing the value in the config, then using a plugins kill all, to see how many Pokemon were removed.
By Ren
#153700 I have recently attempted to up the land spawn rates from 60 - 70 which eventually after start up crashed the server. This usually happens when I make the spawn rates a bit too high. Unfortunately I did not calculate how many spawns were killed at that time.

As for as any other day, the chunks loaded ARE always constantly high for the total amount of players online.
4 players were present, 800-900 chunks were loaded and 330-370 Pokemon butchered.
7 players being online, 1,700-1,900 chunks loaded and 500-660 Pokemon were butchered.
12 players being online, 2,000+ chunks loaded, 800-1200 Pokemon butchered.

and so on.
So I assume there is obviously an issue with something on my server keeping chunks loaded and incorrectly unloading chunks that players are no longer in.. thus causing Pokemon to continue spawning in those active but abandoned chunks?

Any idea what would take care of this situation if that is in fact the issue? Like stated, I have tried multiple versions of cauldron.. so I can only assume it is possibly a plugin creating this problem or cauldron itself.
By Isi
#153701 Do you have access to the Java arguments on your server? With personal experience I'd say that a concurrent Java Garbage collection is usually the best solution to this.
JOIN THE TEAM