Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Jephon
#149837 I haven't done to much research into 1.8 tbh so I was curious from those who know more about it. Is it worth a map reset for my server?

I know this depends on a lot with how set up my server is and etc.

I guess a better question might be, what would benefit me if I did a map reset for 1.8 update?

Thanks for your responses and opinions!

By MoeBoy76
wop0911 wrote:From what I hear you can transfer maps. So if you don't feel like a full map reset there's always that option.

that wasn't even close to the question at all but back on topic

the only new things worth having is diorite(? the water temple stuff), personally i'm not a fan of the 2 new stone types, new doors can be crafted and that's about it for 1.8 afaik
By SPG
MoeBoy76 wrote:
wop0911 wrote:From what I hear you can transfer maps. So if you don't feel like a full map reset there's always that option.

that wasn't even close to the question at all but back on topic

the only new things worth having is diorite(? the water temple stuff), personally i'm not a fan of the 2 new stone types, new doors can be crafted and that's about it for 1.8 afaik

as long as we make something drop Prismarine Shards and Prismarine Crystals (like qwilfish i guess since they're both puffer fish or something) then temples are pointless because you can still get every block in the game without generating new chuncks
By Some Body
#149847 As per SPG, diorite/granite/andesite (new stone types) can all be crafted, although they require nether quartz. Prismarine shards/crystals can only be crafted into the different types of prismarine blocks and sea lanterns so their absence technically doesn't lock away any content, but it makes dark prismarine extremely rare as only a few of those generate per monument, so it would still be beneficial to make something drop them.

The only thing from ocean monuments that's actually unobtainable is sponges, and something could be figured out to drop those.
By SPG
Some Body wrote:As per SPG, diorite/granite/andesite (new stone types) can all be crafted, although they require nether quartz. Prismarine shards/crystals can only be crafted into the different types of prismarine blocks and sea lanterns so their absence technically doesn't lock away any content, but it makes dark prismarine extremely rare as only a few of those generate per monument, so it would still be beneficial to make something drop them.

The only thing from ocean monuments that's actually unobtainable is sponges, and something could be figured out to drop those.

lets just make shuckle drop it because he's a sponge
yay...bad jokes
By skywardstrike28
#149858 In terms of the update itself, it's not necessary to change the maps from what has been noted above.
In terms f the map itself, as a player on your server I think a reset sooner rather than later is a good idea. There aren't really enough players yet to make it a major hassle, but much like every player I don't want to lose all my progress. From a players perspective I wouldn't mind a reset since this is still the beta map.
JOIN THE TEAM