Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Vikerus
#144427 Hello all.

I've been a part of this community in some fashion for over 2 years now. In that time I've watched the mod grow from simple battle mechanics and Techne models to where the developers are now. Breeding, Trading, EV/IV, Items galore, Vastly improved battle mechanics, Animations, and all those side mods that add something special to servers or single player. Not to mention the sheer amount of pokemon added.
But now I wonder where can it grow from here?

What integral features or mechanics from the pokemon universe are missing within the Pixelmon mod?

This is a dual purpose question really. In the interest of maybe involving more of the community in discussion about what is missing from Pixelmon. But also to see if perhaps the Pixelmon team has some clear ideas on future development? I see tournaments on the horizon and I can guess what is going to come from that. What else might we really see if support for the mod stays strong? For example; If sponge proves functional in a reasonable amount of time will Pixelmon port for that?

For one final, more interesting question. What could server owners and the like do for Pixelmon and the Pixelmon community?

By MoeBoy76
#144430 I'm just gonna have a say about these for now
Vikerus wrote:If sponge proves functional in a reasonable amount of time will Pixelmon port for that?

For one final, more interesting question. What could server owners and the like do for Pixelmon and the Pixelmon community?

sponge is sort of a replacement for bukkit so i'm pretty sure we won't be able to port to it, that said though it will be better than bukkit in that we should be able to make plugins that can integrate into pixelmon really well.

donate, donate, donate! the devs and modellers work really hard so they deserve to get a little something back (as well as all the usual praise)
By Nova Spartan
#144440 Well over a year ago I joined the community because I saw the potential Pixelmon has. I then started dabbling in 3d modelling for the sole reason of helping Pixelmon reach it's potential by getting more Pokemon added in to add more variety each time someone plays.

It became a hobby, I made a lot of friends out of it, and now i'm a modeler.

For sure, there are going to be alot of possibilities once most of the pokemon are added and more features are implemented. Since I first heard of the mod I started looking towards when people will practically be able to make their own open world Pokemon games/servers in Minecraft. People will be able to craft their own Pokemon stories and ways of playing the game for others to experience.

You can do that to an extent at the moment, but it's still not even close to the point it will be at in the future when more pokemon and features are added. The variety and creativity will be great.
By MrMasochism
#144507 Some quick thoughts.
There will always be more pokemon to add which in itself will keep providing variety and strategy to the battling side of things.
Double battles and the like are getting closer with more of the behind the scenes battle code being improved.
My big dream is to build really strong integration between pixelmon and minecraft so that pixelmon is the mod everyone wants to use even when just building stuff or playing base minecraft. There are a few things on the horizon for that.
The launcher is set to provide a massive amount more content which will be available to everyone regardless of their skill modding zip files and manipulating minecraft
Berries are still there
And I'm sure there's heaps I'm forgetting.

As for helping out with the mod, honestly the best thing servers can do is to encourage people to spend time on our forums. I'd love these forums to have more conversations, more traffic and generally more fun. Maybe we should find a way to host servers forums inside our own or even their shops. That could be something to consider though we'd probably need some web developers to help out there
By Vikerus
#144517 I am pretty interested in how the launcher might work. What comes to mind as far as getting players to come back to the forum from our satellite communities is some avenue for rewards to be gained by playing in-game with the launcher. Perhaps the launcher could be made to store and report tournament results, pc and team status, and other random tidbits that could be used to create "Trainer cards" for people to use in their sigs.
Beyond that leader-board type things can be done. But I would go for more of a Trainer Profile or Avatar deal then actual competition being the only driving factor.

I think if the Pixelmon community started to feature more of the content created by it's community, people would feel that being a part of this mod is more then just being along for the ride. To get people conversing first there needs to be some fluid movement of peoples ideas and creations. Not trying to tell anyone what works or what to do but I think it's worth considering the users experience here on the forum. The topic updates in the Mchat is a great start and example of what I mean.

A content gallery which features Images, Video, and Stories (maybe custom maps/mod packs too?) in the same way planetminecraft does could be a fun way to involve the whole player base in sharing their experiences with one another. It could even be setup in such a way that attachments added to posts on the forum are migrated and shown in the gallery.

There is a lot possible. Just figuring out what is most worth while for both the developers and players is what I think I'm after with this thread more or less. More ideas are definitely welcomed. And as far as web developers are concerned, I might be able to offer help in that regard. Hopefully others can as well.
By Burgy
#144581 I'm hoping for more community events because I love this mod and it's communities and I think we all can really grow together. Shape and mold Pixelmon into the perfect fan mod.
Here's to 2015!
By Vikerus
#144585 I've been tinkering around with making a gallery, for images at least so far.

http://archway.io/sub/gallery.php

I would be happy to give the resources so the forum can get this setup for user submitted pictures. If the other web developers can add a voteing system for gallery items to integrate with the forum this could be a nice addition? Votes could show on profiles easy enough, sigs as well(as long as it isn't regarded as karma). Lol.
JOIN THE TEAM