Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By ferdi1051
#141119 İ have a problem. İ wanna defeat a modest mewtwo but i cant. Pls help me. İ dont know anything about its stats. 100lvl and i have a lot of 100lv poke mon . how can i defeat it with one or two pokemons.give ne sone tricks. :nerd: :nerd:

By JamieS1211
#141120 If we start with speed you will notice that only one pixelmon (electrode) has a higher base stat in speed then mewtwo and only two (aerodactyl and jolteon) share its base stat in speed. Therefore if you want to out speed the mewtwo you may need to take into account it has speed evs or an item boosting speed and therefore should probably resign yourself to using one of those pokemon, in conjunction with speed boosting things such as speed evs and a speed item, or not trying to out speed the Mewtwo. If you accept you will need to take some hits you should probably use a pixelmon with a large special defence. Some of the top pixelmon in special defence (in order) is Kyogre, Cryogonal, Blissey, Umbreon, Articuno, Tentacruel and Mr.Mime. Of those take your pick depending on the attacks you want. Mewtwo has the same base stat in both special and normal defence so the type of attacker won't be very influential. You could attempt using dark type moves for super effectiveness or dark type pokemon to prevent the use of the very powerful psychic type attacks from mewtwo. Also getting in something like a burn, poison or paralysis wouldn't hurt. Hope this was helpful to you
By Some Body
#141124 It really depends on the Mewtwo's moves and its item. It has a lot of coverage moves and a boosting move in Calm Mind but it can't run everything at once, and the item will determine how much power/speed it ultimately has and whether it is able to switch moves or not. Pretty much your only catch-all is Toxic Blissey because Psystrike doesn't hit physical defense yet. For revenge killing, Choice Scarf Kyogre can outspeed and OHKO with Water Spout if Mewtwo doesn't have a Choice Scarf itself. Depending on which moves Mewtwo has, certain other Pokémon have the chance to wall it.

Note: I'm ignoring the bugs associated with held items like Life Orb and Muscle Band being overpowered because those will hopefully be patched soon. I'm also assuming this Mewtwo is optimally EV trained in Special Attack and Speed; if it is not, other Pokémon may have the opportunity to defeat it more easily.

JamieS1211 wrote:If we start with speed you will notice that only one pixelmon (electrode) has a higher base stat in speed then mewtwo and only two (aerodactyl and jolteon) share its base stat in speed. Therefore if you want to out speed the mewtwo you may need to take into account it has speed evs or an item boosting speed and therefore should probably resign yourself to using one of those pokemon, in conjunction with speed boosting things such as speed evs and a speed item, or not trying to out speed the Mewtwo.

Note that the Mewtwo is Modest, meaning that 115 base Speed is enough to outspeed if you have a +Speed nature. Priority exists as well, and Choice Scarf allows Pokémon as slow as 60 base Speed to outspeed with max Speed EVs/IVs. If Mewtwo has an "item boosting speed" (a.k.a. Choice Scarf), then it's locked into one move and much more easily defeated for other reasons. Electrode is not reliable as its low defenses leave it prone to getting OHKOed before getting enough attacks in to KO Mewtwo. Jolteon and Aerodactyl are possible with Choice items (if Stone Edge doesn't miss in Aerodactyl's case), although Aerodactyl will lose to Ice Beam or Thunderbolt.
JamieS1211 wrote:If you accept you will need to take some hits you should probably use a pixelmon with a large special defence. Some of the top pixelmon in special defence (in order) is Kyogre, Cryogonal, Blissey, Umbreon, Articuno, Tentacruel and Mr.Mime.

You can't just look at Special Defense alone. HP matters as well, and Mr. Mime and Cryogonal are not quite as specially bulky as they might seem once you take into account their low/middling HP. Mr. Mime has a chance with Choice Scarf, Modest, and Shadow Ball though. Cryogonal and Articuno lack the moves and the attacking stats to reliably defeat Mewtwo, although they can push their luck with Sheer Cold. Tentacruel is weak to Psychic attacks and is thus not a good answer. Blissey's massive HP makes it by far the most specially bulky Pokémon of those listed despite its raw Special Defense not being as high as Kyogre's or Cryogonal's. Umbreon has a shot if Mewtwo doesn't have a Fighting move.
JamieS1211 wrote:dark type pokemon to prevent the use of the very powerful psychic type attacks from mewtwo.

Mewtwo commonly has Focus Blast/Aura Sphere, so even Dark types need to watch out. If this Mewtwo doesn't, by all means go for them, but just know that Dark types are not 100% guaranteed to win.
By JamieS1211
#141130 That was mostly to look at the areas but I can see you have now done that. You are the better strategist, I only get the numbers!
By Branzy
#141155 u can use volcarona lvl 100 modest/timid with bugbuzz to defeat any natured mewtwo ,usually mewtwo has these move aura sphere , ice beam , flamethrower and psychic so find their resistance.
By Some Body
Branzy wrote:u can use volcarona lvl 100 modest/timid with bugbuzz to defeat any natured mewtwo

You actually do have a point there, but Quiver Dance is necessary if the Mewtwo has minor bulk investment (i.e., EVs spread randomly) or if you're using a Timid Volcarona without Life Orb. This will also not work once Psystrike gains the ability to hit the physical defense stat, as that is a clean OHKO on Volcarona.
Branzy wrote:usually mewtwo has these move aura sphere , ice beam , flamethrower and psychic so find their resistance.

No reason to run Psychic when Mewtwo gets Psystrike. Mewtwo also gets an assortment of other coverage moves that, while they aren't quite as optimal as the Fighting/Ice/Fire ones that you listed, are still usable, and Thunderbolt in particular can mess up Slowbro, who completely walls the set you listed. Fire Blast is also an option over Flamethrower. On the status move side, Calm Mind and Recover are both viable options.
By JeanMarc
#141180 Also, another option you can look at is strong sucker punch users. My personal recommendation is Bisharp, who with a Life Orb will 1HKO Mewtwo and since Sucker Punch has priority, you don't need to outspeed Mewtwo. The only downside to it is that it only learns Sucker Punch via breeding.
By Some Body
JeanMarc wrote:My personal recommendation is Bisharp, who with a Life Orb will 1HKO Mewtwo and since Sucker Punch has priority, you don't need to outspeed Mewtwo. The only downside to it is that it only learns Sucker Punch via breeding.

There's a problem here: Bisharp can't actually learn Sucker Punch in Pixelmon as all of the Pokémon that it could inherit the move from are not implemented. The strongest Sucker Punch user in Pixelmon is Zoroark, which is forced to run the suboptimal Adamant nature in order to reliably OHKO Mewtwo.
By SPG
#141198 what about sucker punch Kangaskhan? though zoroark would be better because it has base 105atk while the other only has 95, but a special attacking zoroark is a better choice, but...thats besides the point
JOIN THE TEAM