Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.

By Kymat
#138814 Didn't want to make a new thread since the title applies too. More of a Minecraft question, really.

In 3.3 I saw some people saying that active redstone circuits have an interaction where, when activated, cause the chunk they're in to remain loaded in memory. Would it be possible to create a simple circuit (a redstone "day care") in the same chunk as a ranch and have time progress while no one is near? From what I've seen the only way to effectively lay eggs hatch is to stand afk next to the ranch, but if the redstone interaction works you could possibly have them breed while away. I'm not as versed in Minecraft specifics so I assume someone here would know how that interaction plays out?
By Santvarg
#138824 Getting my Lucario's habitat perfect took an hour and a half of constant work.
I would list the exact number of blocks I use, but it'd likely be looked down upon at this moment. Here is a picture of my area, most of the blocks are covered with snow, but you can get the general idea. Image

The wall is a bit unfinished; I stopped working on it as soon as it was perfect.

My tip, is to use blocks from both ( i used all blocks from both, i believe )
and check their affection rate every 3 blocks ( at most ). My habitat is 15x15, which probably has something to do about it. Also try to keep amounts of blocks the same ( maybe I'm wrong here, since using multiple types of blocks with my electric types seems to work against, whereas using a single type was better)

"It just takes some time"

BTW, snowfall doesn't affect the habitat, don't worry about it.

I've never heard of this redstone interaction outside of mods, I think I'll look into it though.
JOIN THE TEAM