Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By shaikgb1234
#136918 why porygon still can't be obtained normaly in pixelmon it's been a long time since porygon added to the mod i don't understand why

By MoeBoy76
#136919 since porygon is unobtainable by normal means in the games, it is being treating similarly by pixelmon, at this time the way to obtain porygon is not implemented, however you could edit the database to make it spawn wherever you want
By KiraTsukasa
MoeBoy76 » 08 Sep 2014 06:01 wrote:since porygon is unobtainable by normal means in the games, it is being treating similarly by pixelmon, at this time the way to obtain porygon is not implemented, however you could edit the database to make it spawn wherever you want

What exactly does "normal means" refer to? Prior to Gen IV, Porygon can only be obtained by in-game gift or breeding. In Gen IV, it was able to be captured regularly in the Trophy Garden. These same circumstances also apply to Eevee, which can be found in Pixelmon without having to edit the mod.
By Some Body
#136923 The Trophy Garden is not "normal means" as it is heavily implied that the unique Pokémon in there were brought in unnaturally. Eevee can be found normally in B2W2 and XY.
By KiraTsukasa
Some Body » 08 Sep 2014 07:59 wrote:The Trophy Garden is not "normal means" as it is heavily implied that the unique Pokémon in there were brought in unnaturally. Eevee can be found normally in B2W2 and XY.

So? Porygon may have ORIGINALLY been a man-made Pokemon, but that doesn't mean that it wouldn't exist in the wild later on. Keep in mind that Porygon can be hatched from eggs, so there is no reason to believe it can only be man-made. Also, Mewtwo is a man-made Pokemon, but we can get that through "normal" means. Also, Porygon can be caught in White Forest in Gen V.
By SPG
KiraTsukasa » September 8th, 2014, 9:00 am wrote:
Some Body » 08 Sep 2014 07:59 wrote:The Trophy Garden is not "normal means" as it is heavily implied that the unique Pokémon in there were brought in unnaturally. Eevee can be found normally in B2W2 and XY.

So? Porygon may have ORIGINALLY been a man-made Pokemon, but that doesn't mean that it wouldn't exist in the wild later on. Keep in mind that Porygon can be hatched from eggs, so there is no reason to believe it can only be man-made. Also, Mewtwo is a man-made Pokemon, but we can get that through "normal" means. Also, Porygon can be caught in White Forest in Gen V.

Porygon has "normal" means, mewtwo never has
By KiraTsukasa
SPG » 08 Sep 2014 11:01 wrote:
KiraTsukasa » September 8th, 2014, 9:00 am wrote:

Porygon has "normal" means, mewtwo never has

I'm not really sure what you mean by that.
By KnightDamag
#136953 From what I've seen when I took a peek in the Pixelmon version files, I saw: "Porygon Block" Sprites. So the man made part would be true. It is possible you could just craft it and place it to spawn Porygon.
By KiraTsukasa
KnightDamag » 09 Sep 2014 06:16 wrote:From what I've seen when I took a peek in the Pixelmon version files, I saw: "Porygon Block" Sprites. So the man made part would be true. It is possible you could just craft it and place it to spawn Porygon.

That would be cool. I also had the thought that maybe they could program Porygon to spawn rarely near where a PC is placed. But that's probably a bit too complex for them.
By JamieS1211
#136961 If you have a suggestion post it in the suggestion tracker
JOIN THE TEAM