Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Pixelhouse
#136532 Hi guys i'm running a server with around 20 people on it, but before i started hosting pixelmon
i asked how much players could a 4gb SSD server(rented) take, and someone said around 80 people.

Now this is what i get with 20people on.
I know my TPS is close to perfect but i don't trust the TPS from Cauldron.
Seeing i have only 700mb left from the 4Gb.

Could someone give me some pointers please?
Thanks in advance.

By Ren
#136533 Holy crap. Thats pretty low for only a 20 player count.
I run a server with 5.5gbs, when around 20 players are on, we have about 4.7gbs of free memory and an almost perfect TPS.
Keep in mind we do not have the end or nether enabled.

How many plugins and side mods do you have on your server?
By Pixelhouse
#136539 We are using following plugins.
WorldBorder, GroupManager, WorldEdit, Announcer, RandomSpawn, OpenInv, Vault, PixelmonGym, GriefPrevention, Votifier, WorldGuard, GAListener, Essentials, ServerShop-GUI, EssentialsProtect, EssentialsSpawn, OnTime, EssentialsChat, EnjinMinecraftPlugin

Sidemods are: nbtedit, wondertrade, ev/ivs

Could you perhaps see or hint towards what the cause could be? Already turned of the end and nether.

Thanks in advance.
By Ren
#136543 I see you are using NBTedit on 1.7.10 (I'd assume the latest version). I'm not familiar with memory leaks, but I know these compiled versions can cause that to occur.
The only thing I see out of place is the unofficial nbtediting mod you have. Maybe remove nbtedit and restart your server. See if anything changes within the hour.
By Pixelhouse
#136545 Thank you for the tips but i cannot install ramdisk i think because it doesnt seem that its a plugin. I can only access my minecraft folders. Is there another option for ramdisk? Ill check nbtedit in meantime aswell.
By Isi
#136546 I actually referred to using a RAMdisk to use physical memory for virtual, as hosts don't charge much for physical space. The RAM climb is likely to spawn rates, but you have a lot of in-world variables to consider.

Plugin profiling, (previously timings were used) is a recording utility for watching the tick ratio expenditure of your plugins.
JOIN THE TEAM