Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Jsketchy
#136305 Is there a way to change a Pokémon's type combination using NBTEdit, or another external editing program? I've tried editing the database, but it didn't work, and even if it did, it would've affected every one of that species. I just want to edit the typing of a specific Pokémon on my team.

By bobbanana09
#136306 I don't believe so. I believe the type is hard coded. I may be wrong though.
By JamieS1211
Jsketchy » 28 Aug 2014 03:40 wrote:
MrMasochism » 27 Aug 2014 20:14 wrote:Not possible. Type isn't stored in the nbt

Is it possible to edit a single Pokémon's type combination at all?

If you edit the database correctly however you can edit the type of a pokemon type. So change the typing of Mewtwo to dragon for example.

For editing the database you can use h2 console. When editing it you will want no username and password. The JDBC Url will be something like "jdbc:h2:file:C:\Users\Jamie\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\database\Pixelmon2" this will grab the database file in your .minecraft folder for a user called Jamie on the computer. When you are on the table you would like to edit scroll to the very bottom and on the left of that table (not to be confused with the sidebar) a button titled edit will be there. You will then have edit buttons pop up for each table entry on in the first column of that entry. When edited you must remember to update the database file in the jar of the mod for the changes to take effect. It is recommended to keep a backup of the original, you can do that by renaming it to add default on the end in the universal jar. You will find typing in the "PIXELMON" table under "PIXELMONTYPE1ID" and "PIXELMONTYPE2ID". You can find what type ID is for what type by looking at the "TYPES" table.
Last edited by MoeBoy76 on 28 Aug 2014 05:26, edited 1 time in total. Reason: fixed the JDBC URL
JOIN THE TEAM