Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Ppedro94
#135579 Why is it so hard to find fossils on 3.2.3 or is it just on my server??

By ArcaneLeviathan
#135712 I think you can usually find them in gravel pits underwater. You may not have to actually be in the ocean. Just in the ocean biome.
By bobbanana09
#135715 Fossils are very rare. Make sure you're looking in the right places. You'll find one.
By MaximusLi
#135772 How about gravel beds in Abandoned Mineshafts? Do the gravel beds in those count or are they counted as being part of the Mineshaft, and hence don't spawn PIxelmon stuff?
By CrazyQuilman157
#135976 All I know is I can clear out 15 caves and 5 ravines of gravel, have a chest and a half of the stuff, but I've never found a fossil, even back when Pixelmon was along side 1.5.2
By MaximusLi
#136052 I think I may have to agree here that the fossils are too rare... This may not interest anyone, but how about having a "fossil dungeon" located randomly in the world? In it you would find a random fossil every time? It would really sit well with the theme of Minecraft that has Temples and Abandoned mineshafts where you're bound to find certain things like gold ingots and diamonds. Just a thought. :)
By KuroMakai
#136055 Fossils have been a very common thing on my server. Then again, my world is like 67% ocean (not exaggerating) and were literally hundreds at the bottom of the ocean.
By MaximusLi
#136060 I see. I thought they were going to fix the whole "fossils spawning at the bottom of the sea" thing, since the wiki said, before 3.2.3, that the fossils are spawning more than intended at the bottom of the sea.

Actually, about that, I can't find a fossil by just digging the one block deep gravel, right? Would I rather have to be under an ocean biome and find a deeper bed of gravel than just one block?
By Some Body
#136061 The fossils under the sea bug is supposed to be fixed, but if the world was made during the time when the bug was around, the fossils will still be there.
JOIN THE TEAM