Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Shodow
#135069 Hello, I have a server i have been running for a while now. There used to always be pokemon around anywhere u walked but now its only a few flying and magikarp. I have an older save where the spawning seems normal. my land spawn rate is set to 26 and has always been fine for spawns.

about a week ago i installed a mod called " plant mega pack" seemed fine at 1st but a week later we have no pokemon spawning. i removed it. Iv tried several server migrations and even playing with the level.dat files as some on the internet has suggested.

Does anyone have any experience with restoring their spawns after a mod removal?

By Burgy
#136300 I suggest refreshing your files. Or going to an earlier backup.
What I mean by refreshing is like uploading new fresh copies of mods installed and deleting the config and database folder from the root of your server so a new ones can be generated.

And a back up should be self explanatory but if you need help, reply here or PM me!
By Shodow
#136534 Thanks for the reply. I have Tried the clean installs and no luck. The problem seems to be in the World folder. From what i have found the only thing that affects the different saves is the level.dat file. I have played with this and the backup "lvl.dat_old".

I have my own backups but none that are recent enough to want to go back on all the changes we made while pokemon were not spawning. We were doign a lot of building at the time so we didint notice that no land pokemon were around.

Iv sudo fixed the problem. I used another lvl.dat from a old save but lost all current inventory, a weeks worth of pokemon lvling, all naturally spawned loots(lots of timed loots), pixelmon related chest inventory and some of the trainers glitch bad when giving you stuff for beating them. The pokemon are back which is great but lots of work to manually replace.

The problem may have not been all stupid plantmegapack but the 3.2.* betas especialy 3.2.3 gave lots of issues. i updated and then reverted back at some point. "Things did not work well" lol.

If you know any more about the world folder i could mess with i would be happy to try it. I have tried almost every combination of old saves with new world eta eta eta. seems to all come down to the "level.dat"

I do belive the new generation of world would have new loots but 1.8 is about to drop and well have world borders i can setup so setting up loots wont be terrible.
By Burgy
#136551 Is this a survival server? Or an adventure server?

Because if it was a survival I would suggest just copying and pasting the spawn into a new survival world with the same seed using MCEdit or World Edit. Then copying the Pixelmon saves and inventory saves over.
It would delete player's homes but would keep the inventory and Pixelmon.
By Shodow
#136756 Oh cool. Its a survival server that may ultimately be adventure. We are building some vanilla looking houses in creative mode since we did start in survival. since we had no Pokecenters, we built our pokecenters with diamond and all the different woods. Themed towns based on the biomes. Trainers can request materials or build their own thing atm. almost all the biomes are close by and the map is pretty fun. I really want to border off the right areas with the new update. I know there are mods but the more that can be done in minecraft the better. I also have most of the sidemods.

The biggest problem is losing progress on some of our towns. The pokemon and items are not such a big deal.

What would i need to move around in order to save the pokemon and inventory???

I have decided to do a complete restart and will do a fresh map of the same seed. Very excited about 1.8 with pixelmon. I even redid my own seed to see and we get pokecenters right away. The time i made this map was the one update were pokecenters did not spawn naturally.

seed:Price is right pokemon crazy!
JOIN THE TEAM