Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Vctr
#134577 Hello people, so now that the new EULA (biggest retarded crap ever made) is gonna take action, I was wondering in starting a server in a month or something like that, but first of all i need to plan how I will make money to maintain it in the long-term run. So, as i know, now we are not able to sell pokemons, objects, etc.
What objects, things, im able to sells for money?
also, I know i can charge people for entering my server, but ill never do that, thats extremely unfair, people already bought miencraft, im not gonna make them pay for entering just a server.

thank you.

By Hoppeduppeanut
#134578 Basically the one big rule is 'Don't sell gameplay-affecting items and perks for real money, but cosmetic stuff (not including capes) is fair game'. So if you were to apply this to a Pixelmon server, you wouldn't be able to sell Pokemon for real money, they have game-changing aspects to them like allowing you to fly (which Mojang themselves have said is not kosher to sell for money), but you could sell a feature that turns a Pokemon into a shiny, as long as it doesn't affect their other stats.

Of course this is one way to go about it, there's plenty of others, but these are avenues I haven't explored myself yet.
By Vctr
#134582 I see, i find this extremly stupid, good way to f... with server owners, it should be'' You cant sell items that you cant get in the game'' but i dont see whats wrong with selling a diamond sword if you can still get it ingame... anyway not gonna discuss this retarded rules.

What im thinking now is:
- Sell ranks, that gives just a name colour.
- Sell Houses.
- Change the size of the pokes.
- Change pokes to shiny.
-----
Also, am i able to sell INGAME currency for real currency?
By Sablrainy
Vctr » 08 Aug 2014 07:47 wrote:I see, i find this extremly stupid, good way to f... with server owners, it should be'' You cant sell items that you cant get in the game'' but i dont see whats wrong with selling a diamond sword if you can still get it ingame... anyway not gonna discuss this retarded rules.

What im thinking now is:
- Sell ranks, that gives just a name colour.
- Sell Houses.
- Change the size of the pokes.
- Change pokes to shiny.
-----
Also, am i able to sell INGAME currency for real currency?

nope
By joomonkey
#134712 you could do something along the line of having everyone donate towards one goal like
reach 100$ donated legendary spawn rate is doubled
reach 100$ have a drop party every few hours for one day (not sure if that would be allowed or not)
reach 100$ double xp for a few hours
JOIN THE TEAM