Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.

Should Pixelmon have new trainer models?

95%
5%
By TheGameAce
#134401 Was just thinking, since the pokeballs just got an updated model all smooth and such, and people are constantly making the pokemon, is it possible the staff will allow some people to work on new trainer models to match the new pokemon? After all, the old trainer models are a bit... blocky... and really out-dated.

By IdeasMen123
#134404 Just picture this, seeing a smoothed trainer with amazing animated, modeled arms, head, and leg animations...The thing would look like a roblox guy. They just look way to awkward and weird, I like them blocky, because they look like us, the player, blocks on blocks. Of course my own opinion, but I am sure it's many others as well, the chances of smoothed modeled trainers is very slim.
By JamieS1211
#134424 In my opinion if you want the trainers look like us i.e "blocky" you should use the Steve model and submit more skins to make it more diverse. Alternatively if you want smoothed looking models that don't take Steve's body structure (such as all the others) It should be done well with smoothing and updated models. That way if you want blocky trainers it will fit with players taking Steve's shape and if you want nice smoothed ones you can use new models suggested. Everyone wins!
By SPG
#134449 look at it from my perspective, im not stopping them, no one cares about them. Simple as that. I'm not going to force the team to make something they dont like unless all the pokemon are modeled and there are only a few left or something
By JamieS1211
SPG » 07 Aug 2014 16:45 wrote:look at it from my perspective, im not stopping them, no one cares about them. Simple as that. I'm not going to force the team to make something they dont like unless all the pokemon are modeled and there are only a few left or something

I personally will try and improve them. It would be a good "playground" for my modelling as I know any pokemon I make at the moment won't be good enough. I get better at modelling, the team dose not have to worry about it and everyone would get new models.
By swimmer26
#134633 I think that they should make the trainers as real as possible. Smoothed and animated would be awesome! I mean, come on, everyone that is actually physically playing minecraft is still looking blocky, so wynaut. Lol, pun intended. :)
By TheGameAce
SPG » 07 Aug 2014 11:45 wrote:look at it from my perspective, im not stopping them, no one cares about them. Simple as that. I'm not going to force the team to make something they dont like unless all the pokemon are modeled and there are only a few left or something

Sweet. The only problem is, where would people submit trainer models for approval? There isn't like a modeling section (or at least updated one) for trainers, with an approval area. It sorta needs to be revived like, 'hey, we're accepting new updated trainer models'.
By TheGameAce
#134657 Also I get the steve bit, but steve sorta gets old after a while. Besides, the people like 'nah it should be blocky since it's minecraft', have you taken a look at the Pixelmon or the ball models lately?
JOIN THE TEAM