Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By OneCryptickilla
#132962 Ok, trying to create a competitive team for pixelmon but I have little to no idea where to start. Any ideas for a lineup? My first 3 pokemon I planned on using were DX Dragonite, Gengar, and Starmie. I don't really know what's good competitively on pixelmon Dx thoughts or suggested moveset would be very much appreciated, I really just have no idea where do go from here otherwise I wouldn't be asking.

By Some Body
#132967 Dragonite, Gengar, and Starmie are all fine choices for good competitive Pokémon. As for movesets:

Dragonite
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage/Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Fire Punch/Fire Blast
Note that Fire Punch is very hard to get as it requires you to get lucky with a wild Dragonite.

Gengar
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Choose two of Sludge Bomb/Thunderbolt/Energy Ball/Will-o-Wisp

Starmie
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Rapid Spin/Psychic
If entry hazards are common in your environment, use Rapid Spin. If not, use Psychic.

To comment on Luxray/Ampharos, they are both a bit slow and lack good movepools. Lucario will be a nice choice once it's implemented.
By OneCryptickilla
#132970 Thanks for the movesets, I needed one for Starmie. I think I'm planning dragon claw and fire punch for Dragonite, but I don't know what his EV spread should be as a prefered. Should I go bulky or sweeper? Know anymore pokemon to choose from for now? I Litterally have no clue xD
By Some Body
#132975 It's up to your preference and style of play whether to go bulky (HP/Atk or HP/Spd) or offensive (Atk/Spd). Keep in mind that bulky Dragonite is limited compared to the Pokémon games as Roost is not functioning yet.

For Pokémon that are good, I'm not going to railroad you into specific ones at this point, but you can examining all available Pokémon here and see which ones you like in terms of stats, typing, and movepools.
By OneCryptickilla
#132980 Ok... Chandelure looks like a beast scarfed, Blissey can be a good wall, and . . . Krookodile looks like a good revenge killer but I've never used him before. Gwahah, I feel like these are terrible choices Dx
By OneCryptickilla
#132983 Ok, what I have so far...

Dragonite - Leftovers
Adamant
What should the EV spread be do you think?
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch

Gengar - Leftovers
Modest
252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Energy Ball

Starmie - Leftovers
Modest
252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Psychic

Chandelure - Choice Scarf
Timid
252 SpAtk /252 Spe / 4 HP
Fire Blast
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball

Blissey - Leftovers
Calm
252 SpDef / 252 Def / 4 HP
Soft Boiled
Protect
Toxic
Flamethrower

Krookodile - Choice Scarf
Adamant
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Earthquake
Crunch
Pursuit
Stone Edge

What do you think? Also, whats Wabafets value in this meta game and do you think Aerodactyl would be a better choice over Krookodile?
JOIN THE TEAM