Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Smiddy1488
#131140 Hi guys,

Basically there's a region in my server in which I'd like people not to be able to attack the Pokemon.

I've tried having a look at worldguard's capabilities, but by the looks of things it's incapable of stopping people attacking Pokemon in a region.

My thinking was, being that updated griefprevention stops pokemon being damaged in regions in which a player is not trusted, surely there's a plugin out there that can do the same, but by default is disabled until you select a region in which it should be activated?

One other thing, in the area I'd also like people's inventories to be cleared of any items excluding a Safari Ball, as there are ways for players to get items in to the area despite it being largely blocked off. If that would be possible and any tips on how I'd achieve this would be great.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By bobbanana09
#131151 For #1, I am not positive of the flag but I am pretty sure there is some flag you can set to do what you want, for #2 you can do something where you warp somewhere, it clears the players inventory using Command blocks or the server signs plugin, and then gives them x amount of safari balls.
By Smiddy1488
bobbanana09 » 14 Jul 2014 19:44 wrote:For #1, I am not positive of the flag but I am pretty sure there is some flag you can set to do what you want, for #2 you can do something where you warp somewhere, it clears the players inventory using Command blocks or the server signs plugin, and then gives them x amount of safari balls.

I've checked through the flags, but none of them say they're for that.

And that's what I've done for people entering, but as I say there's a way people can get other things in which is unavoidable, so I'm hoping I can find a way for anything but safari balls kicking players out or deleting the item for example.
By KuroMakai
#131181 Alright, I looked into this quite a bit and here's what I came up with and it works effectively.

/region flag <region> deny-spawn unknown

What this does it will deny all spawns of things not listed in the entity files found at:
http://jd.bukkit.org/rb/apidocs/org/buk ... yType.html

Next up use either commandsigns or serversigns (my preference) and form a custom permission. Use the command /invsee and make sure a player's inventory is completely clear, in which you can give the node of - ex serversigns.use.safari

From there you can have the sign issue out /give command so also ex - svs add <server> /give <player> 4173 16
In which will have your console issue out a quarter stack of safari balls. On the next line you can again - svs add <server> /warp <player> safarievent as an example. Hope this all helps.
By Smiddy1488
KuroMakai » 15 Jul 2014 06:16 wrote:Alright, I looked into this quite a bit and here's what I came up with and it works effectively.

/region flag <region> deny-spawn unknown

What this does it will deny all spawns of things not listed in the entity files found at:
http://jd.bukkit.org/rb/apidocs/org/buk ... yType.html

Next up use either commandsigns or serversigns (my preference) and form a custom permission. Use the command /invsee and make sure a player's inventory is completely clear, in which you can give the node of - ex serversigns.use.safari

From there you can have the sign issue out /give command so also ex - svs add <server> /give <player> 4173 16
In which will have your console issue out a quarter stack of safari balls. On the next line you can again - svs add <server> /warp <player> safarievent as an example. Hope this all helps.

Thanks for taking the time to look in to it for me. The only questions/commands now I have are:

With the first issue, would that just stop people being able to throw Pokemon out I take it as the entity is unknown? But wouldn't that also deny Pokemon spawning in the region?

And with the second issue, it's not that I need to give players things, here's how it works on my server:
They pull a lever, which teleports them in to a roof with lots of pressure plates activating a command block to clear the inventory of the closest player, once out of there they can purchase safari balls from the Pokemart.

The issue with people getting items in, is that people can glitch items through from the outside using enormous Pokemon, (I've expanded the walling very thick where possible so this cannot happen, but some areas I can't expand anymore) and people also receive 2 ultraballs per vote link they do, which I've denied the /vote command within the Safari zone, but people can always just visit the website to get around this.

So my issue was that I was curious if there was a way to check in that region if any other item other than safari is in someone's inventory and if so delete those items, if not teleport them away from the safari zone.
By JamieS1211
#131202 Sounds like you are in some prediciment however I have some possibly helpful ideas. For the vote rewards what I would recommend is a command that you must enter to recieve the rewards and on entry to this area remove permision with the negative permision node to use the reward command. Another option would be to give people tokens that they take to a vote rewards shop and the tokens would be used as currency with the shop not inside this area.

For players accessing an area you can use multiverse portals. They are as big as you want and can be just air working only off world guard regions. On entry of this region (that will be the portal) you can set the portal to teleport them to the spawn co-ords.

Hope this helps, nice to see more UK members!

Next sending out pokemon can be prevented via the use of the "spawn" flag. command would look like "/rg flag <region name> spawn deny" this prevents players sending out pokemon not sure if this will prevent battles, for your case I hope so.
By Smiddy1488
JamieS1211 » 15 Jul 2014 10:32 wrote:Sounds like you are in some prediciment however I have some possibly helpful ideas. For the vote rewards what I would recommend is a command that you must enter to recieve the rewards and on entry to this area remove permision with the negative permision node to use the reward command. Another option would be to give people tokens that they take to a vote rewards shop and the tokens would be used as currency with the shop not inside this area.

For players accessing an area you can use multiverse portals. They are as big as you want and can be just air working only off world guard regions. On entry of this region (that will be the portal) you can set the portal to teleport them to the spawn co-ords.

Next sending out pokemon can be prevented via the use of the "spawn" flag. command would look like "/rg flag <region name> spawn deny" this prevents players sending out pokemon not sure if this will prevent battles, for your case I hope so.

Thanks for the tips, I like the voting idea a lot.

The spawn flag in worldguard says "Define the spawn of the region, use /region flag region x y z "
The deny-spawn command, I tried adding and reloading the plugin, doesn't seem to do anything. And by the sounds of things if I did get it working would also stop pokemon spawning in the region?
I've got mob-spawning deny which doesn't seem to affect anything.

It's kinda a weird one. But surely something is able to be done, as I say when I thought I had to update griefprevention to the 1.7.2 version (i later downgraded as I didn't like the idea of what happened next) , automatically people could send out their pokemon, battle, but not do any damage nor receive any damage unless they were trusted within the claim. So that's my thinking behind "it must be possible".
By JamieS1211
Smiddy1488 » 15 Jul 2014 18:50 wrote:
JamieS1211 » 15 Jul 2014 10:32 wrote:Sounds like you are in some prediciment however I have some possibly helpful ideas. For the vote rewards what I would recommend is a command that you must enter to recieve the rewards and on entry to this area remove permision with the negative permision node to use the reward command. Another option would be to give people tokens that they take to a vote rewards shop and the tokens would be used as currency with the shop not inside this area.

Thanks for the tips, I like the voting idea a lot.

The spawn flag in worldguard says "Define the spawn of the region, use /region flag region x y z "
The deny-spawn command, I tried adding and reloading the plugin, doesn't seem to do anything. And by the sounds of things if I did get it working would also stop pokemon spawning in the region?
I've got mob-spawning deny which doesn't seem to affect anything.

It's kinda a weird one. But surely something is able to be done, as I say when I thought I had to update griefprevention to the 1.7.2 version (i later downgraded as I didn't like the idea of what happened next) , automatically people could send out their pokemon, battle, but not do any damage nor receive any damage unless they were trusted within the claim. So that's my thinking behind "it must be possible".

I apologise that was my bad, it is meant to be mob-spawning deny however for it to do something it must be the highest priority region in that space. It will now stop pixelmon spawning but will prevent you throwing out pixelmon.
JOIN THE TEAM