Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Chikko
#122294 Hello pixelmon fans!

Today, me and my friend started arguing about a wiki.pixelmonmod.com data entry. I'm talking about "Catch Rate".
As i understand, the box showing a pokemon's catch rate is composed of the catch rate itself, and the catch rate in percents (%) when a pokeball is throwh with full health.
We started arguing at Mew.

As we can see here, Mew's catch rate is 3, and the percentage of catching him with a pokeball at full health is 0.4%. This is how I understand it.
My friend, instead, thinks that the "3" means 3% percentage of catching him with a pokeball when his health is low / red colored.

I explained him why this is not possible and not logic to be written by the developers, and took as a second examplePidgey.

Here we can see that Pidgey's catch rate is 255, and the percentage of getting him with a normal pokeball at full health is 33,3%. Why would anyone put 255% as a catch rate if it's equal with 100%? In both situations you get the pokemon for sure!
Well, you know what? He still thinks that he's right, that's why i called you for help. ;)

In other words: 255 Means "Percentage to get the pokemon at low health" or It's just a random value named Catch Rate?

-Thanks in advance!

JOIN THE TEAM