Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By bobbanana09
#122261 Hello, I know in the config you can set that you need HMS to use fly and surf.

Is there a way to disable flying completely and just allow riding by surfing? On my server, I don't want people flying around cheating parkour, but I do want them to let them ride with surf.

If there is no way, is there a way to take out the HM for fly safely? Thank you. :)

If there is no way, I'll accept it :)

By Some Body
#122267 Not tried it myself but it may be possible to set the HMID of the move Fly in the database to null to remove the HM. This won't remove the move from Pokémon in the server that already have know the move though. There are also likely a few loopholes in this, such as Pokémon that learn Fly by level (Salamence/Rayquaza) and a flying Pokémon that also can learn Surf (Dragonite).
By bobbanana09
#122270 So does that mean I would have to go into the H2 database? Is that even legal?
By bobbanana09
#122272 Or do you mean in the item area in the config I make it null.

Also, is fly a boss drop? I haven't gotten it before :P
By Some Body
#122274 TMs aren't in the config (besides the item ID where they start), they're decided in the moves portion of the database. As far as legality, my understanding is that you're allowed to do so but I can't tell you how to actually access the database.

I've been informed that HMs are possible boss drops, although I've not gotten one myself yet.
By bobbanana09
#122275 Okay, I knew how to edit the database a while ago but then I read somewhere that it wasn't allowed so I never did it.

To make a server have a database that I edited do I just get rid of the h2 file in the server and replace it with the one in my pixelmon that I edited?

Thanks.
JOIN THE TEAM