Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Gong
#112656 The 3.0 update mentions the following:

- HMs added

Has anyone seen one yet? I've killed enough bosses to have 19 orbs and most of the TMs in the game, but I haven't seen a single HM yet.

The wiki doesn't mention anything besides some bugs:

HMs are consumed upon use.
Rock Smash can be taught with both TM94 and HM06.
The Rock Climb HM only works with Venipede, Whirlipede, and Scolipede.

By The_Gameing_Cake
#112661 There's a total of 95 Tm's and 10 Hm's. Considering bosses drop pokeballs,held items,restoration items and tm's/hm's. Im thinking its probably a very rare drop.
By happypyro
#112678 Yea they don't drop from bosses, I killed 100 bosses without a single HM drop, yet I received about 10 masterballs, and I even got the mythic double masterball drop twice.
By Gong
#112702 Has anyone seen an HM drop? There's probably hundreds of boss kills between people who view this, if no one's received an HM I'm inclined to believe they don't drop.

If they do indeed drop, they're probably set to be too rare.
By Some Body
#112858 To my understanding of the coding, HMs are in neither the Boss Pokémon or PokéLoot drop tables, so it appears they are unobtainable for the moment.
By Some Body
#112949 While most HMs aren't too useful, Surf and Waterfall are both great moves in battle, so those two HMs have uses.
By Gong
#112966 Yes, Waterfall is what I had in mind when I posted this. It's the best physical water move, and it'd be nice if pokemon like Gyarados could get access to it. Surf is similar as well, so lack of HMs really hurt water type pokemon.
JOIN THE TEAM