Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Wildcard13
#111452 Hey everyone. I've done some browsing and it seems that we are sorely lacking in the single player adventure map category. So, I'm considering making one for us all to enjoy. But before I dig in, I'm wondering if it is possible to bypass the starter screen that pops up when a new game is started. I would like to make the player earn their starter through an event, not unlike the original games. I figure redstone and command blocks would make it easy to /give a pokemon to a player. My current plot idea hinges on the ability to bypass the starter screen but, so far, I haven't found a way.

By shadoowner
#111624 As far as I know there is no such option, the only time i didnt get to pick my starter in SP was when I created an empty world and dropped dead before I picked my starter.
By Cap_Cod
#111769 Well you can change what is available in the starter screen. Maybe mess around with it. See what you can do. Only downfall with that is it requires the person who wants to use the map to have the .cfg you made.
JOIN THE TEAM