Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By RealAxeBro
#94753 Hi!
First off, I would like to thank the creators of this mod and I appreciate all the time and effort that went into this amazing project!

So, I started playing and recording Pixelmon on a private server for about 3 weeks now. I really like the mod and I think it is very enjoyable! As I played more and more, several questions came up. Let's get started!

1-Pokemon EV/IV:

Do pixelmon have IVs? And Is EV training in the game? I wondered about this after I discovered that pixelmon didn't have abilities. If this is not included in the mod then I agree with the decision of not putting it in because EV training is one of the boring troubles of the Pokemon Video Games, and since breeding is still not in the mod perfect IVs will be really difficult to retain.

2-Legendary Pokemon:

Since 2.5.7 came out, I have gotten the Legendary Pokemon notification about 6 times. Each time it comes up I am not able to find the legendary pixelmon and I get frustrated :( At one point, 3 legendary pixelmon spawned in a span of 5 minutes, and I couldn't find any of them (Link To A Picture Of The Notifications: http://gyazo.com/e1fdf993ce7fabe65dd8d7d310af5be1). I was wondering, can the legendary pixelmon spawn underground? How fast do the legendary pixelmon de-spawn? Can it be that I have some problems with my config file? I would really like to know more information about this topic. Each time I see that much it's like someone is eating up my soul. I want to catch a Mew so bad! :lol:

Those where my questions! Thank you for your time and any replies would be great! Keep up the amazing work and stay awesome!

P.S I caught my first shiny today :D It was a shiny Magamar :) Ohh and please add Krookodile in the next update :)

By SKYCREEPER1
#94783 There are IVs/EVs in the game which can be seen/edited using another mod called NBTedit

And legendaries spawn in biomes as the messages said, but the area your looking in might not be the biome's area it was talking about, since there are multiple biomes all around the minecraft worlds, so if a legendary spawns in a plains biome, it may spawn in the plains biome 900 blocks away from the one your in. Legendaries also despawn like normal pokemon, so if you leave a chunk with pokemon in it (or legendaries) they will despawn and new pokemon will spawn when those chunks are re-loaded
By RealAxeBro
SKYCREEPER1 wrote:There are IVs/EVs in the game which can be seen/edited using another mod called NBTedit

And legendaries spawn in biomes as the messages said, but the area your looking in might not be the biome's area it was talking about, since there are multiple biomes all around the minecraft worlds, so if a legendary spawns in a plains biome, it may spawn in the plains biome 900 blocks away from the one your in. Legendaries also despawn like normal pokemon, so if you leave a chunk with pokemon in it (or legendaries) they will despawn and new pokemon will spawn when those chunks are re-loaded

Thanks a lot for the info!
I have one more question, is it possible for a legendary pixelmon to spawn in an unrendered are? I don't think it can spawn 900 blocks away if those chunks aren't loaded yet.
By SKYCREEPER1
RealAxeBro wrote:
SKYCREEPER1 wrote:There are IVs/EVs in the game which can be seen/edited using another mod called NBTedit

I have one more question, is it possible for a legendary pixelmon to spawn in an unrendered are? I don't think it can spawn 900 blocks away if those chunks aren't loaded yet.

No i dont think so, i was using 900 as an example but in all cases i've seen pokemon only spawn as the chunks get loaded, so unloaded chunks should have no pokemon until the time they are loaded by a player
By RealAxeBro
SKYCREEPER1 wrote:
RealAxeBro wrote:

No i dont think so, i was using 900 as an example but in all cases i've seen pokemon only spawn as the chunks get loaded, so unloaded chunks should have no pokemon until the time they are loaded by a player

Thanks a lot for all the help! I just caught my first legendary! It was a Moltres that I nicknamed "Mocking Jay" from Hunger Games :)
JOIN THE TEAM