By SCaydi
#169883 I finished the whole Gym and this is the final version.

http://imgur.com/a/BkpFd

Not sure if I HAVE to add the trainers. I will appreciate your comments about it, what do you think about this Gym?

Here is the snapshot:

http://wikisend.com/download/931560/CastleGym.snapshot

Just press Download File green button and that's it.

By SCaydi
MrMasochism wrote:go for it. Those look really great!

Thank you! I start tomorrow morning~
By SCaydi
#169976 This is what I have so far, I still need to add the third floor, which will be the last one, and some decorations. I would like to know your opinion guys, I can still remake it. Also, I was wondering, how should I make the inside? I mean, is it going to be like a Pokemon game Gym or Pokemon TV show Gym?

http://imgur.com/a/0RaAG

(I already finished the outside of the building, still I can add or change stuff).
By Pokenerd8
#169991 i believe they wanted it like the games and have the gym puzzle and trainers to battle.

for me i set the trainers to still and engaged (thought atm people were telling me it's bugged right now) and i would do a theme puzzle for each gym (not all of them have to be parkour or redstone). but this is just how i set mine up. :) be cool to see what you come up with
By SCaydi
#170001 Ok, thanks a lot, but... umm... I am more a builder than a programmer or else related, I mean, I can make the whole build and the maze-like inside, but... I don't know (and kinda don't want) to also add each trainer and how it will act and what Pokemon it will have... etc. I wonder if I can still enter my build.
By Pokenerd8
#170012 The way i did my fighting type gym was make the player have to fight their way to the gym leader. However with the size of your building, i think it might be too big for that without having 20+ trainers in there, but then again your gym :)

Another idea would be having to find the right lever/button/pressure plate, and finding the right one would teleport the player via cmd block. which you would just need to type in /tp @p ~9001 ~9001 ~9001. If your wondering what the ~ is for it basically tells the cmd block to add onto the coordinates for where they currently stand. (might be a pain doing the math).

Edit: Actually now that i think about it, i think it would be cool if you did a Trainer for each level going up then beat their Teacher/Gym leader :) just an idea tho
By SCaydi
#170014 I don't really want to add the trainers... I am not into those things. I thought we just had to build the Gym, but... I already did the inside and, since I made the whole thing 2 times smaller than the real castle there could be around 6 to 8 trainers before the leader. I already finished the inside also. Still... I don't really want to go adding each trainer and else.

Note: This Gym could be any other, since it has no strict theme, so if you need it for another Type I can try modifying it.
By MrMasochism
#170059 If you can get me it as a snapshot or a world zip then i'll gladly look into putting trainers into it. It might end up too big for a gym but that wouldn't mean it couldn't be used as a fighting dojo. I'd have to do some tests to see how long it takes to generate into the world
By SCaydi
#170061 Thank you! I will figure out how to use the /psnapshot command to save the build and once I make it I will add it to my main post.

I made it to use it successfully, I will be uploading it in the next minutes.
JOIN THE TEAM