By Pokenerd8
#168124 7th one down and still posting...
Dragon Gym is ready, and Mr. E Out and about and on a scale from 1 to 10 your not doing to hot.

few friends helped me out choosing what blocks and puzzle, and might have gone just a tad crazy with statues xD, also you may notice that this is not a pure dragon type gym, rather dragon theme, the altaria and flygon i thought didn't do very well on the gym leader with 4 pokemon with 4x weakness to ice..

Meet the Dragon gym and Gym leader Mr.E!
Dragon Gym screenshots
Spoiler:

Dragon Gym Leader Mr. E
Spoiler:
Name reference: Mr.E, - Mystery, or a reference to Mr.T

Team
-------------------------------------------
1. Charizard. Item (life orb)
Abillity: blaze. Nature: Timid
Max Ivs. Evs: 6hp, 252atk, 252spd
- dragon dance
- flare blitz
- earthquake
- dragon claw

2. Dragonite. Item (shell bell)
Ability: multiscale Nature: Jolly
- dragon dance
- dragon claw
- fire punch
- extremespeed

3.Gyarados. Item (shell bell)
Ability: Moxie. Nature: Jolly
Ivs: Max evs: 6hp, 252atk, 252spd
- dragon dance
- waterfall
- earthquake
- outrage

4. kingdra. item (scope lens)
Abillity: sniper. Nature: Timid
Max Ivs. Evs: 6hp, 252spatk, 252spd
- focus energy
- scald
- draco meteor
- ice beam

5. salamence. Item (focus sash)
Ability: Moxie. Nature: Adamant
- rock slide
- dragon claw
- crunch
- dragon dance

You will get the Legend badge and TM Dragon claw

Dragon Gym Dowload

By PigLover1202
#168395 Nice gym! Only thing I see wrong with it is that I believe you should get the Rising Badge, not the Legend Badge. Also, replace Charizard and Gyarados with Flygon and Altaria to give it more actual Dragon types.
By Pokenerd8
#168403 i am going to use the rising badge for the dark type gym, as there has not been a single dark type gym in any pokemon games only in the elite 4, that badge looked the closest to something evil. as for gyarados and charizard i stated clearly i would not change them unless another dev told me to. altaria and flygon would only add on to the weakness and charizard and gyarados prevents the gym from being 1 shot from any ice type pokemon people would bring, charizard being 1st to prevent people from using stealth rock and halving his health and sweeping ice type pokemon, and gyarados for doing more sweeping. if altaria had their mega evolutions i would switch one of them in.
By PigLover1202
#168423 Ok, but you could also give the Pokemon moves like Flamethrower, to prevent Ice types from sweeping. Overall, having non-Dragon types in a Dragon type gym doesn't sound like a good idea, and I personally would have the experience ruined.
By MoeBoy76
#168438 1) if it will "ruin" your experience then don't fight the gym
2) i'll assume that you never fought Lance at all or the Dragon gym (Gen 2/4) or the Dragon trainers behind the gym (Crystal)
By Some Body
#168495 As questionable as physical Charizard already is (especially since you have 3 other physical attackers and only one special attacker), Timid is not the right Nature if you want to go down that route.

You seem to be overvaluing the Shell Bell considering you have it on 2/5 Pokémon. It's not that good.

The Critdra set is no good in Gen 5 as the critical hit modifiers will only bring your chance up to 1/3.
By Pokenerd8
#168538 For physical charizard, i wanted to try to change it up a bit from the fire gym, i don't mind changing it to be a special attacker However, I don't think it would be all that greater than being able to boost attack and speed while the special charizard better during the sun, just my opinion though. The nature can be changed to Jolly, i litteraly have no clue what i was on when i gave him timid. lol

the shell bell in my opinion works good on pokemon with higher attacking power but i will change it on gyarados to be leftovers, the dragonite however thought it would be more useful being tanky with the ability (not to say it will not be one shot by any ice move) so i could but a berry for halving ice damage or sitrus on or leftovers to gain health

thei figured critdra would be better since swift swim is out of the question and damp really only good for blocking explosions. however i am willing to change it if need be
By Some Body
#168545 Seeing as this is a Dragon-type gym, Dragon Dance is thematically appropriate for Charizard despite using Charizard's inferior Attack stat, so it is up to you whether you want to use that set. For this same reason I also avoided commenting on the Dragon-type coverage moves that normally are not very useful.

The problem with the Shell Bell is that it is very inconsistent compared to Leftovers, relying on your per-turn damage output and not working at all when using status moves like Dragon Dance.

For Dragonite specifically (since Life Orb defeats the purpose of Multiscale), Lum Berry is another option for an item, potentially in conjunction with Outrage. Most statuses are ruinous to a setup sweeper, so the opportunity to avoid one can be very useful.

Sniper can be used on Kingdra as a general-purpose (albeit situational) Ability, but Focus Energy is too unreliable to feasibly use in Gen 5. You can instead double-up a STAB with Hydro Pump or Dragon Pulse if you choose, or even use Swift Swim and have Rain Dance (although this may not synergize well with Charizard).
By Pokenerd8
#172750 Updated gym team
added download link
JOIN THE TEAM