What form of government should the continent have?

3%
N/A
4%
3%
4%
N/A
4%
81%
By AsylumDreams
#166314 They may seem a bit like curve-balls but the polls like his help to ascertain how the land is laid out and the design of the cities - as well as have an impact on the fluff.
By MoeBoy76
#166445 since i chose the "different by area" option in #3 it makes sense to have region-based governance
By SKy2008
#166455 Like 2-3 different countries - with slight differences in culture and some prejudices against each other. The Pokemon League would be an independent association, working across the borders.
By Sparkydalmtion
#166554 I think what Sky said was perfect. Since the land is gonna be a big land mass, maybe several landmasses/continents? Im thinking along the routes of Pokemon super mystery dungeon, with one continent having a democracy and with a tribal culture, or another with a monarchy and oriental/asian culture etc. https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q ... 5128326389
By SKy2008
Sparkydalmtion wrote:I think what Sky said was perfect. Since the land is gonna be a big land mass, maybe several landmasses/continents? Im thinking along the routes of Pokemon super mystery dungeon, with one continent having a democracy and with a tribal culture, or another with a monarchy and oriental/asian culture etc. https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q ... 5128326389

Entire continents are a bit too much though. MCME builds LotR Middle Earth (which is about as big as cental europe) on a scale of 1:100 and the map is already around 28k x 26k...
Two sides of a gulf may be applicable - scaled down to a size that is travel friendly, but not too small either.
By AsylumDreams
#166582 I'm seeing this as a test run. There's no reason this can't be a regular thing to build up multiple maps / worlds / dimensions that can be strung together.

This is just a tentative foray into what works and what doesn't.
Consider it an alpha project :p
By MaxArtemas
#166955 I think it would be interesting to have an area that's controlled under a more power-hungry government while the main protagonist goes through the story trying to take down the government. Yes, I know, it sounds unrealistic, but let's be honest, several year old protagonists defeated the elite 4 and champion, who are highly trained. It's been unrealistic from the start, so why stop there? If possible this could just be in just one area of the map as some suggested, or throughout the whole map. I feel that it would be boring to do the same old thing that every official Pokemon game presents, so why not take a leap into unexplored territory?
By CritsAreFair
#167194 I had been working on a Pixelmon map a while ago (I abandoned it, but I'm actually thinking about restarting it) and I figured maybe you play around with some of my ideas if you want.

The antagonists of my new region were the Unified World Order or UWO, a terrifyingly authoritarian and Orwellian government system that sought to control all people and Pokemon under the guise of world peace. The leader sought to capture Rayquaza in an attempt to use its power to assert himself as a sort of dictator over the rest of the world. (I'd actually have preferred to use Arceus, but Arceus currently isn't in the mod)

Opposing them were Team Revolution, a team of resistance fighters who sought to liberate the region from the UWO, lead by a radical anarchist who was also a former champion until the UWO took over the region and deposed him for being.. Well, an angry non-conforming anarchist.

My aim was to let the players take a break from the usual plot of a Pokemon game where the player stops some plot to destroy the world or something enacted by a team of bad guys, by making the "team" the protagonists this time around, who the player eventually aids in overthrowing the tyrannical establishment and restoring freedom to the region.

I kind of like the idea of an Orwellian government opposed by a team of rebels, perhaps you could implement that.
By SKy2008
SKy2008 wrote:A similar idea has already been discussed in the World Fluff thread. We agreed that the main focus should be on the world itself for now though. A dedicated storyline could be implemented in a follow-up project.

Applies here as well.