What type of land mass should the continent be?

33%
N/A
67%
N/A
By AsylumDreams
#165153 Greetings all.

A simple one to start things off, although one that will have a very large impact.

What kind of world do you want?
Should we be able to travel on foot everywhere easily? Would you prefer to sail and take trains between islands? Explore sunken ruins from carefully maintained biodomes?

Think carefully about what would be the best choice because this will have a heavy impact on everything else that follows.
By enenra
#165348 Traditionally, pokémon maps have been themed after a region in Japan (or I guess anywhere in the world really with the latest having been France-themed).

So I guess an important question is really: How close to "official" lore etc. do people want the project to be?

IMO the aim should be for the project to capture the theme / setting and most importantly feeling from the games but implement it in its own way. As a concrete example: Towns should look like pokémon ones in style but not be exactly based on how buildings in the games look, and neither should the town look exactly like one in a pokémon game. Since what works in a top-down perspective game doesn't necessarily work in a game like minecraft.

I think the guys over at Pixeltown / Pokéballers have done that pretty well tbh.
By AsylumDreams
#165471 Remember to throw down some names and reasons people, otherwise the next poll is going to be limited to my thoughts and one submission from another staff member :/
By Stijnartsbb2
#165881 I think there should be from everything something, 'cause that wath pokemon had always done and would always do. And its just freaking amazing if you could go to a big continent, and then when you had enough, just go to the isles. Hope you take this into account.
By dunce155
#165910 After literally thinking about this for a good half hour, I think a great name for the region would be Komyu. Since most regions in Pokemon are adaptations in Japanese, I followed the same steps to creating this name. The basis of this project is for it to be created by the Community. This name is an adaptation of the Japanese translation of Community (Originally being Komyuniti). This would be a great representation of the project all together.
By dunce155
#165933 Why thank you very much.
By AsylumDreams
#165957 I am planning to have some smaller island chains in there as an aside - I voted for the archipelago personally - but poll decisions are to be held as final. If I make an exemption and rollback here then that sets a precedent for it to happen in the future which can open up the potential for a lot of sulking.

I'm sure at some point I am going to have to be more tyrannical than diplomatic but I'm going to stave that off as long as I can :p

And kudos on the thinking behind the name, although that poll is already up.
Do consider some of the other poll topics I've listed though.
I'm planning for this to be shifted up after the holidays.