Discussion on any aspect of competitive Pixelmon.
By Competitively
#169848 There's been a lot of togekiss in safari games lately. I've been looking at the pixelmon roster for a counter. Unfortunately I could only find chansey/blissey.

Help me find a counter to the common togekiss set

Air slash thunder wave fire blast aura sphere

(With serene grace)

By Pokenerd8
#169850 I don't know about an exact pokemon to use during safari games but togekiss has a weaker defence and anything that would outspeed togekiss has an advantage until thunder wave hits. but i would have to say electric pokemon stand a chance as they are fast and they won't be able to take a thunder wave, if you were able to set up a stealth rock that's a Plus taking down 1/4 of togekiss's health or pokemon like weavile who can attack very fast with alot of power.
By Pokenerd8
#169851 oh and one more thing,if you have the chance to thunder wave togekiss that will help to, since paralysis halves the pokemon's speed making the air slash useless for flinching tactics
By Some Body
Pokenerd8 wrote:electric pokemon stand a chance...they won't be able to take a thunder wave

Electric types are not immune to Thunder Wave in Gen 5 unless they have certain Abilities such as Volt Absorb, Lightning Rod, or Motor Drive. That said, Pokémon with these Abilities such as Jolteon and Electivire can avoid the flinch shenanigans completely and hit back, whereas Lanturn is bulky and takes pitiful damage from Air Slash.
Pokenerd8 wrote:paralysis halves the pokemon's speed

Paralysis is better than that, quartering the Pokémon's Speed. It's certainly a way to shut down Togekiss and make it much easier to take out.

Simply hitting fast and hard, preferably from the physical side, can prove effective. Aside from Weavile, Pokémon like Aerodactyl and Archeops are worth considering if Safari Games makes them available. Sufficiently strong physical STAB moves can 2HKO Togekiss even without being super effective.

If you're paranoid about paralysis and flinch hax, you may also consider Ground-type Pokémon such as Flygon and Nidoking, which are immune to Thunder Wave, faster than Togekiss to avoid flinching, and can learn super effective moves like Stone Edge. Lum Berry and faster Substitutes can also give you free turns if Togekiss attempts to use Thunder Wave. Substitute also has the added benefit of preventing flinching while behind one.
By Competitively
Some Body wrote:
Pokenerd8 wrote:electric pokemon stand a chance...they won't be able to take a thunder wave

Electric types are not immune to Thunder Wave in Gen 5 unless they have certain Abilities such as Volt Absorb, Lightning Rod, or Motor Drive. That said, Pokémon with these Abilities such as Jolteon and Electivire can avoid the flinch shenanigans completely and hit back, whereas Lanturn is bulky and takes pitiful damage from Air Slash.
Pokenerd8 wrote:paralysis halves the pokemon's speed

Paralysis is better than that, quartering the Pokémon's Speed. It's certainly a way to shut down Togekiss and make it much easier to take out.

Simply hitting fast and hard, preferably from the physical side, can prove effective. Aside from Weavile, Pokémon like Aerodactyl and Archeops are worth considering if Safari Games makes them available. Sufficiently strong physical STAB moves can 2HKO Togekiss even without being super effective.

If you're paranoid about paralysis and flinch hax, you may also consider Ground-type Pokémon such as Flygon and Nidoking, which are immune to Thunder Wave, faster than Togekiss to avoid flinching, and can learn super effective moves like Stone Edge. Lum Berry and faster Substitutes can also give you free turns if Togekiss attempts to use Thunder Wave. Substitute also has the added benefit of preventing flinching while behind one.

Weavile is absolutely a check to togekiss. Im searching for a straight up counter currently. Not someone that can check it.

What Im asking is a pure switch in to that togekiss set.
By Competitively
Pokenerd8 wrote:I don't know about an exact pokemon to use during safari games but togekiss has a weaker defence and anything that would outspeed togekiss has an advantage until thunder wave hits. but i would have to say electric pokemon stand a chance as they are fast and they won't be able to take a thunder wave, if you were able to set up a stealth rock that's a Plus taking down 1/4 of togekiss's health or pokemon like weavile who can attack very fast with alot of power.

As he said, In generation 5 you could paralyze electric pokemon unless abilitys come to play.
By Competitively
Isi wrote:^^

I think you should consider adding the rotom forms as a counter to togekiss. (rotom is gen 4)

Heres a little document on the rotom i think would counter togekiss the most.

Form: Rotom-W
Common set: Image
Bio:
There is many reasons why this form would counter togekiss. First off, Its most powerful moves (Air Slash, Fire Blast) would do nothing (Proven in a calculation below). Next off, Thunderbolt from a Rotom Wash two/one shots togekiss depending on investment. Finally, Rotom could care less about Thunder wave.

Calcs:
4 SpA Rotom-W Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Togekiss: 182-216 (58.5 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery.
252+ SpA Togekiss Air Slash vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-W: 44-52 (14.5 - 17.1%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Togekiss Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-W: 42-50 (13.8 - 16.5%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Togekiss Aura Sphere vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-W: 62-74 (20.4 - 24.4%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
By Some Body
#169892 This is not an excuse to ask for Pokémon to be added.

I already mentioned other existing Electric-type Pokémon such as Lanturn and Electivire, who can switch in and beat Togekiss 1v1 while discouraging the use of Air Slash.

If you're looking for the literal definition of "counter" that ignores the possibility of paraflinch hax, reasonably bulky physical attackers such as Dragonite, Snorlax, and Gyarados can also switch in and win.

Of course, you already mentioned Chansey/Blissey.
JOIN THE TEAM