Discussion on any aspect of competitive Pixelmon.

What Pixelmon should be showcased next?

33%
22%
33%
11%
By Tyceus
#164963 Mewtwo

Mewtwo: Easily one of the strongest Pixelmon. With its large movepool and huge base stats, you would not want to face one of these.

Where is Mewtwo found?

Mewtwo can't spawn in your Minecraft world. The only way to get one is to clone a Mew. More information about that can be found on the Pixelmon wiki.

What is Mewtwo used for?

Mewtwo is easily one of the best sweepers in game. It has decent defenses for a sweeper as well as an incredibly high Special Attack stat as well as one of the highest Speed stats in Pixelmon.

What are some typical builds?

With Mewtwo, you want to aim for either a Modest or Timid nature. Without lowering its defenses, Speed or Special Attack, you gain a much larger sweeping potential. I usually see this build quite often in Pixelmon.

Mewtwo - 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Attack, 4 HP, Timid/Modest Nature with the item Life Orb.
Psystrike - Takes care of Fighting and Poison, also gives off that nice STAB bonus.
Ice Beam - Takes care of Flying, Grass, Ground and Dragon.
Thunder/Aura Sphere - Takes care of Water, Flying. Aura Sphere is also an option to take care of Normal-type special walls.
Shadow Ball - Takes care of Ghost and Psychic.

What are some checks and counters?

Mewtwo has no true counters, only checks. A few checks that I have seen would be Lugia, Honchkrow, Sableye, and Yanmega.

Lugia has a ton of bulk which fits in nicely with its hidden Ability, Multiscale. Multiscale on a Lugia is very hard to obtain unless a server offers altered ways to change a Pokemon's ability. Although Ice Beam will do quite a bit at first, if you manage to set up some Calm Minds and Recover, Mewtwo won't be able to touch you.

Honchkrow can one-hit Mewtwo (while holding a Life Orb) with Sucker Punch while gaining a Moxie boost afterwards. Sucker Punch is heavily predictable and the opponent may switch. One Ice Beam from Mewtwo and Honchkrow will faint. You need to land a Sucker Punch.

Lately I have seen Calm Mind, Prankster Sableye. Since Sableye has no weaknesses and is immune to Mewtwo's STAB Psystrike, this gives Sableye a nice advantage. You will need to breed Recover onto Sableye.

The final check to Mewtwo on this list is a Modest, Life Orb set Yanmega. Modest Yanmega with the correct EVs (252 In Sp. Atk), while holding a Life Orb, will one-shot the Mewtwo with ease using the move "Bug Buzz".

That will conclude this short guide. The 4 choices we can have for next time will be Lugia, Sableye, Yanmega or Honchkrow. Make sure to vote in poll. Please make sure that all comments are related to this topic.

Credits~ Special thanks to ChickenPotpourri who worked with me on this.

JOIN THE TEAM