Forum rules: 
  • This forum is not for hiring developers.
  • Do not post personal contact details (e-mail, phone number, Skype, etc.) publicly. Discuss in forum topics or private messages.
By Strayed
#157218 Hey guys!

I’m 26 years old, and my names Nick, in game I’m Obtoxicullous or Obi for short. I’ve helped out a few servers in the past, nothing big all of them had in the ball park about 50-100 members tops. I even ran my own server for a half year. Unfortunately those servers and mine eventually were closed over financing issues, management etc.

Sad back story aside, I’d love to be a apart of a small server staff team again! I’m first and formost a village and small town designer. I’ll get around to posting up some of my work if anyone cares to see it. I also like to help players out so a low level mod would be great. I’m not as skilled as others are with the errors, and problem solving with crashes, and the like. I got by with my server because I had only two Mods and it was pretty easy to trouble shoot with such a small list of potential problems. In short I’m not the guy who wants personal access to your server controls or config files, I prefer just to build in game.

Also, I'm not looking to get paid, I offer my free time to anyone who needs it because I want to, and I have fun doing it.

I have experience with bukkit, world edit and worldguard, as well as vanilla mine craft commands. If you’ve got a small server or are starting one up and need a guy like me on your team, let me know! I’m always happy to help out in any way I can.

-Nick/Obi

By steven1l
#157358 Hey strayed :-D
Iam looking for a great builder that will help me build a new pixelmon server for 1.8 :)
if you want to help me or more info.
feel free to pm me
By Josecami
#157467 Hey wanna build something with me? Not necessary pixelmon related but just for fun since I started vacations a week ago... Anyways Im a regular builder, you can see some of my previous work here http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/xuamba/ PM if you're interested :)
By Graham3D
#157956 Hi Strayed,

I am also around your age, I'm 27. I'm working on a fairly unique pixelmon server that is utilizing Kanto and Johto as the regions we play in. I'm sure everyone says that their server is unique; however, I highly doubt people have a custom made music mod/plugin that streams music to the player when they walk into a world guard region. :)

We at Pokemon-Battling are not just creating your every day walk in the park generic Pixelmon server. We are using a few mods and plugins that help bring our world to life, such as CustomNPC's or Carpenter's Blocks. What we aim to do (And we're almost done with Kanto entirely!) is bring our already thriving pokemon battling community into the Pixelmon scene by offering rewards for tournament and event participation.

We are making a bridge connection between our forum software and bukkit so that if you buy items or Pokemon on the forums, it'll synchronize to your game account! I of course am not charging money for said items in the marketplace, I am specifically talking about a forum currency that you're awarded with for doing various things on the forums, such as posting, participating in events or tournaments, etc...

We are fully sponsored as well and have been given a free "quality" VPS that runs both our website, as well as the server. What this also means is that for people to connect to the server, you need only type 'www.Pokemon-Battling.com' into the IP address in Minecraft!

Unfortunately for you however, a lot of the architecture and design is finished; however though, if brought on, you could work primarily with aesthetics. We are using a world save of Kanto and Johto (because why not? Someone spent a lot of time and effort for someone like me to use, so why not eh?), so we're replacing and adding in aesthetic changes using Carpenter's Blocks and more.

The team is literally me and one other person, I am purposely keeping it small. I've lead successful large scale projects with more than 30 people before and it just gets stressful, so I'm purposely keeping it small.

Is this something you'd be interested in?
JOIN THE TEAM