I am GhostWolf, the creator of Pixelmon Safari Games (see here for details on it). I am having a design contest for map makers to design maps to be used with the Safari Games game mode!
Contest Description Video:
EDIT: Fixed the video for you, bbh <3 -Burgy
- First Prize - a spot in the Pixelmon Youtubers Safari Games Tournament, and having your map featured for that event
- Second Prize - a spot in the Pixelmon Staff Safari Games Tournament, and having your map featured for that event
- Additional Prizes - other maps that meet the specifications will potentially be included on a map rotation for the Safari Games server (inclusion will be based on community input on the map)
- Any map selected as a winner will include "Current Map: <your map name> designed by <your name>" at the start of every round.
***Tournament Dates are not currently set, but will be sometime after Pixelmon updates to Minecraft 1.6.2***
Contest Rules and Specifications:
- Map must include all biomes on the list of required biomes (see below). The map must be edited so that these biomes show up as that biome in the game (i.e. if you change a forest into a taiga, it must be set so it spawns taiga related pixelmon)
- Biomes shouldn't be incredibly huge or very small, and can be arranged in any way you want (patchwork, slices of a circle, randomly shaped) as long as the biomes are all near each other.
- Maps do NOT have to include an outside wall, though one may be added if desired, as players venturing farther out will eventually have to teleport back to the Pokecenter.
- Map must include a pokecenter, with at least 6 healers, 6 PC's, and 3 trade machines. Pokecenter must have a large entryway and no doors, to prevent access being blocked by Pixelmon
- Map must include battle arenas, at least 12 arenas (to accommodate 24 man games). Additional arenas may be included for later rounds of the tournament, if desired. Maps can also be designed for 32 man games, with 16 arenas. Arenas for each round must be located near each other to minimize server stress, but separate round arenas may be located in different regions (if you wanted snow effects, etc). Arenas can be flying in the sky or locked underground or out in the open, as long as they do not interfere with the biomes on the map.
- Map must include a spawn area. As mentioned in the video this could just be a large room or can have decorations, etc to keep people entertained at the start of maps. Spawn area biome should be set to Sky or Hell, so that no Pixelmon spawn in it before the round begins. Spawn area can be floating in the sky or locked underground as well. It should have NO way to escape and access the map early.
- Map can include player-placed or randomly generated PokeLoot Chests (see here for details on PokeLoot). A mix of hidden and normal chests is preferred, if included at all, as players spawn with Itemfinders. These will be able to be looted once per player, so those that memorize locations don't prevent others from gathering items.
- Maps may include any other features that the designer wishes (cities, buildings, etc) as long as they do not interfere with the game and biomes.
- Pictures of the map (including stadium, pokecenters, and spawn) can be posted in this thread. A download link to the map can be PM'd to me, or listed in your post.
Description of all biomes in vanilla Minecraft: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Biome
List of Required Biomes (must be set to the actual biomes so that the correct mobs spawn):
- Ice Plains
- Extreme Hills
List of Optional Biomes (must be set to the actual biomes so that the correct mobs spawn):
- Mushroom Island
- Frozen River
- Mushroom Island Shore
- Frozen Ocean
- Extreme Hills Edge
- Ice Mountains
List of Banned Biomes (unless used to set non-spawning zones for spawn area):
- Hell (Nether)
- Sky (The End)