By Leqesai
nightowl565 wrote:ok look if your complaining about quartz the point of these spawning is so people don't have to get diamonds to heal and idk if you've noticed but you cant move while healing breaking the quartz walls would put you at risk if mobs are enabled or pvp is on or if someone has lava or flint and steel

I believe I need to clarify for you, nightowl565. I'm not "complaining" I am merely pointing out the irrational use of a material that is obtained in a way that typically is precipitated by the user having access to an area of the game that is generally "mid to late game" for most people. I'm not sure what else you're trying to say with this: "idk if you've noticed but you cant move while healing breaking the quartz walls...". Would you mind wording this a little differently?

Also, I recognize that these centers are, in effect, giving users access to a things that are generally quite expensive if crafted (the machines ARE pricey) but the insertion of such structures completely alters the value of these objects and should be suggestive of a re-adjustment to their crafting recipe requirements to accommodate for the general ease it can be for new players to simply stumble upon them in the wild.

Hopefully I have explained myself well, but I'm not quite sure what your tertiary point was so...

By Toolaz
#51048 So I get what you are saying and yes the nether portal requires diamonds to get the obsidian and most people have trouble with that for awile so I was planing to change the material to something that isn't the hardest thing to get, that looks nice. And I will post the link for the less expensive Poké Center.
By bhoqure
Toolaz wrote:So I get what you are saying and yes the nether portal requires diamonds to get the obsidian and most people have trouble with that for awile so I was planing to change the material to something that isn't the hardest thing to get, that looks nice. And I will post the link for the less expensive Poké Center.

Not true you do not need diamonds. I get camerupt and use my bucket on him and make a portal frame early on and just do the lava/water trick. Its way easier than trying to find a diamond.
By Leqesai
bhoqure wrote:
Toolaz wrote:So I get what you are saying and yes the nether portal requires diamonds to get the obsidian and most people have trouble with that for awile so I was planing to change the material to something that isn't the hardest thing to get, that looks nice. And I will post the link for the less expensive Poké Center.

Not true you do not need diamonds. I get camerupt and use my bucket on him and make a portal frame early on and just do the lava/water trick. Its way easier than trying to find a diamond.

Would you mind elaborating a bit on this trick? Do you just build the outside of the frame, fill the necessary bits in with lava, and then use water on them to convert the lava to obsidian? If so do you see the average person doing this? I mean, I've put in hundreds of hours in Minecraft and have never thought it necessary to do something like that.
By Toolaz
#51063 Ok so i'm going to make it less expensive and you can't take healers so the only thing you could get out of it is a pc and wool and some wood.
By fartmasterf
Leqesai wrote:
bhoqure wrote:

Would you mind elaborating a bit on this trick? Do you just build the outside of the frame, fill the necessary bits in with lava, and then use water on them to convert the lava to obsidian? If so do you see the average person doing this? I mean, I've put in hundreds of hours in Minecraft and have never thought it necessary to do something like that.

This is how I build every single portal. I never waste diamonds to get obsidian (other than for an enchanting table early on and if i find enough in a village I never do). Its more efficient to write down the cords of diamonds, get fortune on an iron pic and then mine it :p
By bhoqure
Spoiler:
Leqesai wrote:
bhoqure wrote:

Really though. Pixelmon is not really going to do anything in the nether. Thats why no pokemon spawn in the nether. So in all terms they are trying to make it so you dont need to go into the nether at all. You can get glowdust from pikachu. Thats really the only thing that i every really try to get from the nether. And netherwart. If a pokemon dropped that and quartz then there would be no need to ever go into the nether again.
By KureaNight
#51348 I like this one. Even more simple than mine, and about the same size but has more space for large Pokemon. Good job!

Also, I used quartz in mine. Who is actually going into the Nether and using a lot of quartz in a Pokemon mod anyway? Besides it looks a lot better than wool.
By Toolaz
MrMasochism wrote:this is what it looks like after having gone through my spawning routine:

It looks like it generated nicely :D except the red stone lamps aren't working so ill see what i can do.
JOIN THE TEAM