By tenebraemaximus
#77251
SireSolo wrote:
tenebraemaximus wrote:Can I ask you what version of Minecraft you started building this map in? The map doesn't exactly look the best.


1 started in 1.5.2... What do you mean doesn't exactly look the best? It's an exact to scale replica, with Customized Custom NPC mod, which say exactly what they say in the actual game... as well as other mods in the map, which make it seem even more real like the actual game itself... So it's like playing Pokemon Fire Red in 3D...


What I mean by it is, judging by the screenshots, buildings look taller than would otherwise be expected. Some choice of block could be different, using wool as a grass block (Pallet Town), or the stone path (Viridian City) really puts me off in terms of prettiness. In Pewter City I noticed some places user 2 block high logs where fence would be expected, as well as other things like the cliffs being stone instead of a more soily block such as dirt.

You've probably heard of PokeCraft which started around Classic, and they were forced to use wool because Minecraft was lacking in blocks. They really need to update their map with new blocks, it is hurting the quality. This is what I would have thought you'd have done. I updated my Sinnoh map with 1.6 blocks when the time came, and my Sevii map with 1.5 blocks when that update was rolled out.

Not saying you didn't do a good job, anyone who can build a Pokémon region to scale has done a good job, but the design and appearance of this map has zero appeal to me. It just doesn't look good to my eye. I think you can benefit from better block choice.
User avatar
By SireSolo
#77260
tenebraemaximus wrote:
SireSolo wrote:
tenebraemaximus wrote:Can I ask you what version of Minecraft you started building this map in? The map doesn't exactly look the best.


1 started in 1.5.2... What do you mean doesn't exactly look the best? It's an exact to scale replica, with Customized Custom NPC mod, which say exactly what they say in the actual game... as well as other mods in the map, which make it seem even more real like the actual game itself... So it's like playing Pokemon Fire Red in 3D...


What I mean by it is, judging by the screenshots, buildings look taller than would otherwise be expected. Some choice of block could be different, using wool as a grass block (Pallet Town), or the stone path (Viridian City) really puts me off in terms of prettiness. In Pewter City I noticed some places user 2 block high logs where fence would be expected, as well as other things like the cliffs being stone instead of a more soily block such as dirt.

You've probably heard of PokeCraft which started around Classic, and they were forced to use wool because Minecraft was lacking in blocks. They really need to update their map with new blocks, it is hurting the quality. This is what I would have thought you'd have done. I updated my Sinnoh map with 1.6 blocks when the time came, and my Sevii map with 1.5 blocks when that update was rolled out.

Not saying you didn't do a good job, anyone who can build a Pokémon region to scale has done a good job, but the design and appearance of this map has zero appeal to me. It just doesn't look good to my eye. I think you can benefit from better block choice.


I've used the blocks that i've used to closely resemble (to color) of the game itself... the sizes of the buildings is also based on the game... if in the game, the building had more than one floor, it had the same amount of floors in my map... again, i wanted it to look and feel the same way... I've used the wood blocks instead of fences in the parts where those places were thicker than fences... and i haven't seen a dirt step block, and i figured ledges were more stoney then dirt...
By tenebraemaximus
#77379
SireSolo wrote:
tenebraemaximus wrote:
SireSolo wrote:
1 started in 1.5.2... What do you mean doesn't exactly look the best? It's an exact to scale replica, with Customized Custom NPC mod, which say exactly what they say in the actual game... as well as other mods in the map, which make it seem even more real like the actual game itself... So it's like playing Pokemon Fire Red in 3D...


What I mean by it is, judging by the screenshots, buildings look taller than would otherwise be expected. Some choice of block could be different, using wool as a grass block (Pallet Town), or the stone path (Viridian City) really puts me off in terms of prettiness. In Pewter City I noticed some places user 2 block high logs where fence would be expected, as well as other things like the cliffs being stone instead of a more soily block such as dirt.

You've probably heard of PokeCraft which started around Classic, and they were forced to use wool because Minecraft was lacking in blocks. They really need to update their map with new blocks, it is hurting the quality. This is what I would have thought you'd have done. I updated my Sinnoh map with 1.6 blocks when the time came, and my Sevii map with 1.5 blocks when that update was rolled out.

Not saying you didn't do a good job, anyone who can build a Pokémon region to scale has done a good job, but the design and appearance of this map has zero appeal to me. It just doesn't look good to my eye. I think you can benefit from better block choice.


I've used the blocks that i've used to closely resemble (to color) of the game itself... the sizes of the buildings is also based on the game... if in the game, the building had more than one floor, it had the same amount of floors in my map... again, i wanted it to look and feel the same way... I've used the wood blocks instead of fences in the parts where those places were thicker than fences... and i haven't seen a dirt step block, and i figured ledges were more stoney then dirt...


When I say buildings seem too tall, its with respect to the size of the map around it. An example being your Viridian gym being taller than it is wide, same for Oaks lab and other various buildings. The cliff ledges I had no issue with, I've seen many different designs for them, but when I said cliffs, I meant the mountains around the cities that are made of stone, not dirt.
I also think the map looks too small, but thats just my opinion of a 1:1 scale.
User avatar
By SireSolo
#77380
tenebraemaximus wrote:
When I say buildings seem too tall, its with respect to the size of the map around it. An example being your Viridian gym being taller than it is wide, same for Oaks lab and other various buildings. The cliff ledges I had no issue with, I've seen many different designs for them, but when I said cliffs, I meant the mountains around the cities that are made of stone, not dirt.
I also think the map looks too small, but thats just my opinion of a 1:1 scale.


i might change the bottom layers into dirt, but usually mountain tops are made of stone... as far as buildings are concerned, i made them as they appear in the game...
By doctorforth
#77529 Hey guys....

Check out my YouTube channel for a lets-play to this amazing map.

Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/doctorforth

Episode 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBUhsm35urM&feature=c4-overview&list=UUFFvxWQVgYmd-XY7GXrhnIA

thanks
-doctorforth
User avatar
By SireSolo
#77536
doctorforth wrote:Hey guys....

Check out my YouTube channel for a lets-play to this amazing map.

Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/doctorforth

Episode 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBUhsm35urM&feature=c4-overview&list=UUFFvxWQVgYmd-XY7GXrhnIA

thanks
-doctorforth



some great stuff you have there, Doc...
By osidien(withouttheB)
#87148 I thought about the trainer system, what about that every trainer has a button (connected to a command block) or a *transportating device* that teleports you to a arena (small),
Then you press buttons for pokemons to spawn since you can do the /pokespawn (name) lvl... It would be easier, of course you need to understand that some people will cheat and catch the pokemon from the other trainers.
*In the npc's mod edit the npc so you can travel to (fight for example) wwith maybe a small dialogue before it, atleast thats what i do for my map.

(P.S.: Download link is: Sorry, requested page is not found So, broken)

Oh, and there's a new mod: PokeCycles mod, i'm sure you will make good use of that one, incase of animal bikes maybe...
User avatar
By SireSolo
#111136
osidien(withouttheB) wrote:I thought about the trainer system, what about that every trainer has a button (connected to a command block) or a *transportating device* that teleports you to a arena (small),
Then you press buttons for pokemons to spawn since you can do the /pokespawn (name) lvl... It would be easier, of course you need to understand that some people will cheat and catch the pokemon from the other trainers.
*In the npc's mod edit the npc so you can travel to (fight for example) wwith maybe a small dialogue before it, atleast thats what i do for my map.

(P.S.: Download link is: Sorry, requested page is not found So, broken)

Oh, and there's a new mod: PokeCycles mod, i'm sure you will make good use of that one, incase of animal bikes maybe...


Great ideas...i guess pixelmon fixed the command blocks, because it didn't work like that when i first made the map... also, pokecycles and pixelmon don't work well together (incompatible)... they make my game crash all the time...
By osidien(withouttheB)
#111321
SireSolo wrote:
osidien(withouttheB) wrote:I thought about the trainer system, what about that every trainer has a button (connected to a command block) or a *transportating device* that teleports you to a arena (small),
Then you press buttons for pokemons to spawn since you can do the /pokespawn (name) lvl... It would be easier, of course you need to understand that some people will cheat and catch the pokemon from the other trainers.
*In the npc's mod edit the npc so you can travel to (fight for example) wwith maybe a small dialogue before it, atleast thats what i do for my map.

(P.S.: Download link is: Sorry, requested page is not found So, broken)

Oh, and there's a new mod: PokeCycles mod, i'm sure you will make good use of that one, incase of animal bikes maybe...


Great ideas...i guess pixelmon fixed the command blocks, because it didn't work like that when i first made the map... also, pokecycles and pixelmon don't work well together (incompatible)... they make my game crash all the time...

Actually, forget this all, with the new update you don't need this idea, and... when is the download gonna be fixed?
User avatar
By SireSolo
#111322
osidien(withouttheB) wrote:
SireSolo wrote:
osidien(withouttheB) wrote:I thought about the trainer system, what about that every trainer has a button (connected to a command block) or a *transportating device* that teleports you to a arena (small),
Then you press buttons for pokemons to spawn since you can do the /pokespawn (name) lvl... It would be easier, of course you need to understand that some people will cheat and catch the pokemon from the other trainers.
*In the npc's mod edit the npc so you can travel to (fight for example) wwith maybe a small dialogue before it, atleast thats what i do for my map.

(P.S.: Download link is: Sorry, requested page is not found So, broken)

Oh, and there's a new mod: PokeCycles mod, i'm sure you will make good use of that one, incase of animal bikes maybe...


Great ideas...i guess pixelmon fixed the command blocks, because it didn't work like that when i first made the map... also, pokecycles and pixelmon don't work well together (incompatible)... they make my game crash all the time...

Actually, forget this all, with the new update you don't need this idea, and... when is the download gonna be fixed?


I have it set up in case if I won't like the way pixel on 3.0 will be set up for customized battles... Also, I've tested the download link and the new download link is fixed... Let me know if you have any problems...
JOIN THE TEAM