By ZeeCount
Scalade wrote:Thanks for the kind words :)

I've added more sounds to that playlist, link is here again: https://soundcloud.com/scalade/sets/pixelmon-move-sound-effects/s-mVXWp

:D

Thanks for showing us these. Unfortunately, we are wanting to take things in a more organic and natural sounding direction, and such these aren't quite what we had in mind.
By Draakor
#118809 Why not take some of the existing Minecraft sounds and use those for some moves?
i.e. Grass_Breaking.ogg sound file for Vine Whip and Leaf Blade, Wolf_Howl.ogg for Howl and other stuff like that.
By Burgy
#118968 That wouldn't work because there are so many moves and so little Minecraft sounds that fit each move. So it may work for some, but not all making it so sound effects would be sparratic and random.
And adding the same effect for a multitude of moved is also a no in my eyes because that's rarely a change from the bare bones no sound effects deal, there'd just be some unfit sound effects playing at all times.

Making our own effects seems the best way to go at this point.
By Draakor
Burgy wrote:That wouldn't work because there are so many moves and so little Minecraft sounds that fit each move. So it may work for some, but not all making it so sound effects would be sparratic and random.
And adding the same effect for a multitude of moved is also a no in my eyes because that's rarely a change from the bare bones no sound effects deal, there'd just be some unfit sound effects playing at all times.

Making our own effects seems the best way to go at this point.

Good point.
JOIN THE TEAM