By StrangePerson128
#213543 I think shadow pokemon would be good content to add to the game especially where there are team rocket npcs. There's a couple ways it can be done and even could be a feature that could be disabled.
Simplest method would be to just add them to the wild and if someone is bothered by the lore of that they are escaped or discarded pokemon from TR or various "bad" groups.
More complicated would be adding them to team rocket or various "crime" npcs and possibly other npcs (lore is either they help them or are unaware) and having a craft-able snag machine that has to be worn in order to take them
That does open other options that servers could take advantage of where the snag machine could be toggled in config to allow non shadow pokemon to be caught etc and people can be the "bad" characters to add more rpg content. This could also mean a craft-able machine to force pokemon to be shadow could be a thing.

Also 1 and 2 could both be possible at the same time!

The shadow pokemon could have the same limitations as in coliseum (they cant be leveled and dont have their normal moves) or they could be similar to Pokemon Go where they are boosted pokemon but they cant use z moves mega evolve and other various battle mechanics (and stay neutral or dislike you). The second of these 2 sound less complicated.

For Purifying you could have a structure that randomly spawns or craft-able items that both assist and purify!

Also Apex shadow pokemon could be super rare option aswell (Apex Ho-oh and Lugia were added to PG)

I think Shadow Pokemon would add alot of content for both singleplayer and multiplayer and would really give it more RPG-like options!

Really hope it is considered, I wish I had the skills to program it myself to add as a side mod or data pack or to be able to offer help if it was something that was considered!

JOIN THE TEAM