By dhi2awesome
#211374 With the update to 1.16.5, a bunch of new types of recipes can be achieved. Some of these are a bit more annoying to set up than you'd expect, but they work in time.
I'm going to break this post up into sections by the crafting type, to make things a little easier to work through, so I hope my ideas can be of help, and if needed, I'm willing to write the painful jsons xD

Code: Select allcrafting

To start with, I know this isn't the exact word used for the jsons, just simpler than listing all of the relevant types of crafting.
-Berry Woods as Regular Woods. I believe this is already done, but I just want to start off with something that sets the tone. Being able to make chests, beds, sticks, etc, out of berry wood, is honestly fairly important to me, so mentioning it.
-Apricorn Leaves for Tree. It's already a thing with the berry leaves, feels odd to leave them out.
-Balls. All Pokéballs deserve a recipe, not all currently available ones do, even though some have lids (Masterball).
-Ancient Balls. Hisuian/Ancient balls will also need a recipe, but I think just using the regular Pokéball recipe does them a disservice. I think it'd be great if the top half required a tumblestone combination with an apricorn, the base was just apricorns, and the process required minimal materials from underground (allowing for these to be very fast balls). The exceptions would be for Origin and Strange, of course, Origin I think should need two lids, and Strange can be default ball style. The other difference I think would be interesting, is if instead of a button, Ancient balls used a lever, representing the latching mechanism on the front.
-Sweets. I find it odd only one of the seven Alcremie sweets can be crafted. While I don't have full recipe ideas for them all, Berry could use a relevant berry, Flower could use flowers which are non-toxic, and Love (the one with a recipe) should probably have the recipe fixed, as currently it uses brown dye instead of cocoa beans (separate items since 1.14).

Code: Select allsmelting

-Berry/Apricorn Logs to Charcoal. Just for parity with other overworld logs. Can be easily achieved by adding them to the Minecraft tag #minecraft:logs_that_burn

Code: Select allblasting

-Faster Ores. I know this has been said before, but it's worth including for posterity. Ores which can be smelted in a furnace, smelt faster in a blast furnace. It's the entire gimmick of it, it'd be weird to skip out on it.

Code: Select allsmoking

-Apricorns. Could be slightly faster than a furnace, but beyond that just allowing a logical workstation to do its work.
-Slowpoke Tail/Smoke-Poke Tail. It's literally a smoker, it's meant to smoke stuff.
-Toast. It's the food furnace, it makes some sense.

Code: Select allcampfire_cooking

-Apricorns. This would allow for players to play at a slower pace than necessarily intended, but also create a sense of immersion, roasting apricorns on an open fire.
-Slowpoke Tail/Smoke-Poke Tail. Smoking something on a campfire makes sense.
-Toast. Just a nice way to cook something, imo.

Code: Select allstonecutting

-Temple Blocks. Specifically, Temple and Temple Brick Slabs and Stairs, but also Temple Brick itself, and possibly the Temple Pillar and, currently lacking a recipe at all, Fancy Pillar. Other blocks of the Temple Block stonecutting could include the Blank Unown block, and the Blank Braille block. Perhaps also the Ruins and Dusty Ruins walls.
-Braille Blocks. Separate from the above point, braille blocks could be crafted directly from the base, without use of buttons, within the stonecutter could be an amazing quality of life change.

Code: Select allOTHER

-Berry wood products as fuel (such as Red Berry Signs, as an explicit example). The berry logs work (although apricorn seem to not?), so giving full range to that would be grand.
-Bit of an odd thing I noticed going through recipes, "item.pixelmon.tm_gen2" is used for the wheels of the Mower. Why specifically Gen 2, and why does it not have an EN_US name? Silicon works for the other recipe option though
-More of a new item suggestion than a new recipe, but implementing the restoration items from Legends Arceus, as well as their craftability, would be a net positive on the mod in my eyes. However, I can understand not adding it, as it might make the current potions and revives worth less.

----------

That's all I have currently, just thought I would give my thoughts on it, as I feel recipes like these will improve the gameplay loop of many players.

By dhi2awesome
#211377 Update:
Made a V0 for a datapack that adds most of the recipes mentioned in this suggestion.
It can be downloaded at https://mega.nz/file/tBMXyKAR#xdNFzLDiRKW0eAsNdXT64rb5-oiqGnJE9s4wkVn3k2Y.

Specifically, it adds the tags to fix the Berry Woods/Regular Woods, Apricorn Leaves for the Tree recipe, and Charcoal, adds recipes for the balls without a reassembly (no lid recipes though), recipes for the seven Alcremie sweets, furnace recipes for the 8 ores (Bauxite, Platinum, and Silver, as well as Ruby, Sapphire, Crystal, Silicon, and Amethyst, for parity with vanilla allowing Diamond, Redstone, etc, to be smelted), blast furnace recipes for the eight, Smoker recipes for the apricorns, tail, and toast, campfire recipes for the apricorns, tail, and toast, and stonecutter recipes for all of the blocks I mentioned in that section bar the Ruins and Dusty Ruins blocks.

If a 9.0.1 isn't out with the majority of these recipes by the time I do a bunch of backend advancements to give the recipes when certain milestones are met, like in Vanilla Minecraft, I plan to ask if I can release it in the addons channel on the Discord.

But, feel free to make use of these recipes in the mod itself, I'd be glad for them to be used.
By dhi2awesome
#211406 https://mega.nz/file/oEsQFKjS#mL3gSudcecszIQswUweU4fKDlIqdUSFtdlH94qR1IQE is V1, adds in a bunch of fixes, and also advancements so the recipes show up in the recipe book.

Again, Pixelmon team, feel free to use these, I don't know where exactly to post these
I'm also sending this to the #data-packs channel, as an alternate download location.

Full changelog can be found in the spoiler:
Spoiler:
TAGS
Added the Berry Planks to the Block and Item tags minecraft:planks
Added the Apricorn logs to the item tags minecraft:logs and minecraft:logs_that_burn
Added the Apricorn leaves to the item tag minecraft:leaves
Added the item tags pixelrecipe:covered_fossils and pixelrecipe:uncovered_fossils

RECIPES
Replaced the sweet_heart recipe, as well as poke_grass and rock
Added recipes for the sweet_berry, sweet_clover, sweet_flower, sweet_ribbon, sweet_star, and sweet_strawberry
Added recipes for smelting in a furnace or blasting in a blast furnace all ore blocks
Added recipes for smoking or campfire cooking apricorns of all colours, slowpoke tail, and toast
Added recipes for all types of Pokeballs, as long as you have their lids (repairing, essentially)
Added stonecutter recipes for all of the sub-blocks of temple block (temple brick, both slabs and stairs, both kinds of pillars, and the blank braille and unown blocks)
Added stonecutter recipes for all 30 Braille blocks from the blank state

ADVANCEMENTS
Added an advancement for every single recipe included in the base mod or my datapack, to add the recipe to the recipe book when conditions are met, similar to vanilla Minecraft. Not all recipes are garanteed to line up with their vanilla counterparts.
Some advancements have special requirements, namely the Reveal Glass requires catching one of the four legendaries it alters the forme of.
JOIN THE TEAM