By GizmoTheMoonPig
#207614 Pokémon currently spawn on a per-biome basis. This causes any mods that add biomes to have to be configured accordingly, which can take a lot of time. However, there is an exception: OTG worlds. Biome/terrain mods using OTG don't allow Pokémon to spawn, even if you add the biomes to the Pokémon spawn lists. This creates issues for people who want to play Pixelmon with a beautiful world, as they can only spawn in vanilla biomes.

I propose a config option that allows Pokémon to spawn based on the BiomeDictionary. It could be disabled by default, but it would allow Pokémon to spawn in these new biomes. If BiomeDictionary were to be enabled, it would follow those rules instead of per biome. I know certain Pokémon spawn in special biomes, so I also have a fix for that. If the BiomeDictionary list for that Pokémon is empty, then the Pokémon would follow the per-biome spawns. Now, I'm not sure how hard this would be to code in, but it is doable. (I would have done it myself, but with the mod being closed source, its really hard to work with) Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

JOIN THE TEAM