By Nhox
#206729 I would be surprised if it was possible but could the "camera" feature generate off-centered / partial sprites based on reticule position ?
The wiki page mentions that pictures only work for pokemons within a 20 blocks range, so I guess it could be possible to maybe make it generate a different sprite based on distance.

If there was a way to generate "bad" and "good" pictures, it could be fun to have an NPC that could rate them like in the pokemon snap game, maybe even purchase them for pokédollars.
People could then maybe create some poképark / pokézoo areas on their servers and get players to follow a path from which they would try to get the best pictures of the exhibited pokemons.

Probably not very realistic for being too complex to implement, and I'm sure there are other features with higher priority but welp.. just an idea..

By proclarushtaonasat
#207110 I like the idea.
I also think, this could be combined with the pokedex, like you can add pictures to the dex entries.
Minecraft is already capable of creating screenshots, so it should be possible, to have data like pokemon type, form, picture qualities like size etc added to it and link it to an item, that lets you see the screenshot in an in-game menu.
JOIN THE TEAM