By Xizzzy
#206704 It can't be used against a server. Those files are stored serverside and you can't change them outside playing on the server itself. You download them for private progress if you decide to leave the server or switch to somewhere else. You'd still need to have the permission to use them in whatever server you go to and that's on them to decide. You having the option to have them at all isn't bad in any way and offers no glitch advantage.
By Jay113355
#206742 Obviously if we did this we wouldn't allow downloading the actual file. More like an export of the pc/team, you can already export the party via the pokemon editor, allowing for exporting the pc could be useful for debugging reasons. But it wouldn't be made available for everyone to use, it would still be behind a admin item like the pokemon editor or a command.
By Xizzzy
#206746 Why would you be against downloading the actual file specific to your user account? I don't see the harm in a person having access to their own files they then can't use with the server without admin cooperation. That is your admin wall. The pk and comp files you can use and generate in single player if you're so driven to do it but if you want to leave a server and move into a different one or just go single player you only get benefits. There is no downside to this.
By Jay113355
#206748 That's just not how you design things. No server would ever add a file a player sent to them, if they did they would be idiots. Thus it would only be useful to single player, and we're not gonna go out of our way to add something so complex as a file freaking download manager just to let you save your exact file the way it is when we already have ways to export pokemon that work well and have other uses.
By Xizzzy
#206757 A private server would accept files from their own group of trusted people if they left a major server. Generating the files didn't seem that complicated to me but I'm way out of my league with that assumption. Regardless I appreciate your replies and let the matter rest since its much more involved than I thought it would be.
JOIN THE TEAM