By Lovatic123
#206503 Hello there
I always find my inventory being floated with pokeballs (you never know what type, youll need, or how many), and I thought: why not add some sort of backpack for pokeballs, which still allows you to use the pokeballs in battle (not throwing from inventory though).

By Tahlavos17
Lovatic123 wrote:Hello there
I always find my inventory being floated with pokeballs (you never know what type, youll need, or how many), and I thought: why not add some sort of backpack for pokeballs, which still allows you to use the pokeballs in battle (not throwing from inventory though).

I like the idea but I highly doubt that it will be added in any form to allow the clean up of players inventory. I think if the Pixelmon Team does add something like this that they just make it to where it will allow you to use shulker boxes instead of coding in and creating a new item just for the player to use to store pokeballs, and if they use shulker boxes then make it to where if you have Iron Chests (1.12.2) or Iron Shulker (!.13 +) has some usage for the hoarders of items. I'm going to suggest that for the time being accept that this idea has been suggested before with little to no resolve. As much as it is a great idea it will most likely never come true in the form your thinking about.
By L0ST5ILVER
#207586 But why, @Tahlavos17? This is the most intuitive way to fix the issue, Minecraft already has a horrible inventory management problem, and shulker boxes don't fix this, instead, adding a pouch for up to 64 of each ball would make it extremely convenient and worth the effort of implementing, also why couldn't it work if you put the bag inside shulker boxes like you're suggesting too? that way it would save even more space.
By Tahlavos17
L0ST5ILVER wrote:But why, @Tahlavos17? This is the most intuitive way to fix the issue, Minecraft already has a horrible inventory management problem, and shulker boxes don't fix this, instead, adding a pouch for up to 64 of each ball would make it extremely convenient and worth the effort of implementing, also why couldn't it work if you put the bag inside shulker boxes like you're suggesting too? that way it would save even more space.

Well since Shulker Boxes are easy to get in the mod, all you really need to do is defeat a few Shuckles to get Shulker Shells. That is why I suggested Shulker Boxes alongside the fact that you can rename the Shulker Boxes to what ever you want and dye them any color under the sun, plus on top of that I don't think that adding a new storage for select item is truly necessary for the mod. Not only that it would save the the Pixelmon Dev Team a major headache of trying to code in a new item, texture it, and have all of it to work within the mod, where as if they took the Shulker Boxes it would save them time and effort to focus on the coding and implementation of having it store the items, and use the items for in battles. I don't see a need for a specialized bag to store items within this mod. I use Shulker Boxes for a majority of travelling around my single player world. A key advice is to carry the items in the Shulker Boxes and pull them out when needed for a certain factor. Also if placing the Shulker Box Down to open it is tedious then get the mod called Advanced Shulker Boxes which allows you to right click with the Shulker Box in your hand to access the contents of the Shulker Box. I'm thinking more in line with the covenant factor for the Pixelmon Dev Team, while an idea like this would be a pain in the butt to implement. As for the bag being in a Shulker Box I never made that remark you're trying to put words in my post that is not there. I don't think that there should be a bag for something that is easily accessible for all players to obtain is the point I was making. I like the fact that this idea is trying to solve an issue, but due to the fact that it would take more time to develop, and implement into the mod, I'm looking at the issue from a logical point without jumping to many different ideas which could lead to all of the items in the mod to have a special bag in many cases would fill up the inventory of anyone who is playing with this mod installed on either a SSP, or SMP world. I don't think the Pixelmon Dev Team would have the desire to make having any type of bag in this mod be a top priority when there are other issues to deal with that need to be fixed, like the Ghost Bosses not dropping any rewards in the current build, or figuring out how to allow the player to get Dynamax Candy from bosses. Those are more important in many cases than a specialized bag for any item within the mod.
By RealMort
Lovatic123 wrote:Hello there

I think this idea would be wonderfull. I have a backpack mod and it would be amazing to not use all of my different types of pokéballs to use up all of my inventory space. I just keep them in my inventory, and when in gets clogged up, I put the other items in my backpack.
I think it would nice to have healing items and maybe even battle items too.

The least they could do to satisfy this idea is to make any backpack mod compatible with using pokeballs with them stored in them.

I hope this conversation gets opened up again so we can discuss this idea more and maybe get it implemented in a future update.
JOIN THE TEAM