By PoryGoshua
#206457 In responding to Lukob's post about the Everstone and Regional Form Breeding, I had an interesting idea: Make the regional form of a pokemon be determined by the biome the ranch block is located in.

For example, you are breeding two Kantonian Vulpix. If you have the ranch block in a Freezing biome, the resulting egg would hatch into an Alolan Vulpix by default. If the ranch block is in any other biome, the egg would be a Kantonian Vulpix.

The biomes for each regional forms would likely vary, and could very well be based on the biomes they are made to spawn in, for the sake of simplicity. Alolan Geodude, for example, is stated in the wiki to spawn in Extreme Hills M and Savana M (excluding underground), so breeding either Alolan or Kantonian Geodude in either of those biomes would produce Alolan Geodude by default.

If this would be too difficult to implement, I will understand. I simply feel that, since the regional forms were the result of environmental pressures, having the biome environment affect the breeding of regional forms would make a nice parallel.

JOIN THE TEAM