I had been planting a lot of berries in single player and realized that mulch was never added to this mod yet. It would be a great addition for growing a lot of berries. However, you may recall that some mulches modify the dryness of the soil that the berries are in, which would not work with current mechanics since the Wailmer Pail does not do anything to the berries. Therefore I have decided to suggest a lead for a rework of how berries are grown.
Right now, berries only grow correctly on hydrated farmland--the yield is very low on grass or dirt unless you use bone meal, which barely helps. The rework will let the Wailmer Pail play an important role for growing berries and make the mechanics more in line with the main series games. In addition to this, I have included mulches from Gen 4 and two methods of obtaining them.
- -Berries grow when the Wailmer Pail is used to hydrate them after being planted, regardless of the block that they are on (grass, soil, or farmland)
- -If the plant is not watered or harvested after a while, it has a 50% chance to be replanted and a 50% to disappear entirely
- -New visual effect: the berry sits in a small pile of dirt whose color indicates the hydration (the darker the soil, the more hydrated the berry is)
Mulch (new) & Composter
- -Added Growth Mulch (Berry grows faster, soil dries faster)
- -Added Damp Mulch (Berry grows slower, soil dries slower)
- -Added Stable Mulch (The plant stays around longer when done growing)
- -Added Gooey Mulch (Higher chance of replanting if the plant dies)
- -Added Composter block (recipe idea below). Create mulch by putting in berries and an extra ingredient or two, example: water bucket + 3 berries = Damp Mulch
- -Mulch can also be bought at a village Pokemart
EDIT: Image does not seem to display properly. The recipe used 3 stone blocks, 2 aluminum plates, and 1 iron trapdoor.
I would like to hear your thoughts on this. Is there anything you would add? Anything that you would change?
Thanks for reading, and have a good day.